HybridZ

Removing Paint!!

CArFAn

I found a air dam at pick n pull which i bought and put on my car. I am sanding it down but the person who painted it seemed to use house paint and its really thick. I'm killing sand paper trying to get through it. So is there anything that i can use to strip the paint without eating up the urethane/fiberglass? I'm making a trip to kragen to buy a can of "tal strip mar-hyde" so finish the body. Would they carry anything that would work?

They make a paint removal wheel that looks like a "greenie" scratch pad but it is black and goes into your drill motor. It is for removal of rust and paint and works well for removing paint from fiberglass as long as you don't overdo any one spot with it. I used one on my FG fenders without doing any damage. You can find them in just about any store that has both a paint and tool department. One last thing... get the thickest one you can find, it gives you more control and allows you to get around the tough curves.

Dragonfly

• 1 month later...
I believe most "aircraft" strippers are safe to use on fg and urethane. I used the "aircraft" stripper and it worked great.

i tried aircraft stripper on an old tailgate on the weekend and it work great, funny i bought it a year ago , not for anyreason but it finially came in handy. either way it work great.

later bob