HybridZ

Car stolen in San Diego

SuperDan

• Administrators

It's a long shot but what the heck.

My wife's 2005 Dodge Magnum RT was stolen from our driveway last Monday.

This is bad thing to happen to us right now so if anyone in the SD area sees one that looks like it the license plate number is 5NBS895 or you can send me a PM with the location and I will go check it out.

Not sure if it is in Mexico or just abandoned on the side of a road right now.

Here is a pic:

mag.jpg

Thanks much,

Dan

Sorry to hear it. My wagon got stolen about 17 years ago. Never did see it again. It was a 84 Diesel Maxima. I'm sure someone is using the crankshaft right now for a stroker though.

I always thought my wagon was stolen to haul something. Why else would they steal a wagon?

Hope your car gets found in good shape.

• Administrators
I wonder if it was stolen on a flatbed, thats a tough car to steal. Evan

I mentioned the same thing to the Police officer since there was no broken glass and it was locked etc, he looked and me and said "you would be amazed at what some of these guys can do..."

• Administrators

Dan,

Sorry to hear this. Truly a frustrating situation for sure. The inconvenience of loosing transportation, the feelings of being violated, etc. Sucks!!!

Let us know if there is anything we can do from up here.

Take care,

Paul

Man that sucks My car was just broken into last night and these guys were not pros cuz they broke the window and tore apart the dash for a 100 dollar deck and didnt even go for the amp in the back. The upside is they got me and another guy in the lot and there is blood all over his car so I hope those bastards cut themselves good.

Hate to hear that, really sucks because chances are if it's gone for two weeks, well that's not good.

I would join and post on every car forum, and every craigslist you can.

Good luck,

I will scrutinize every similar vehicle in Georgia.

Dan, showed my wife the picture of your wifes car and gave her the liscence number so there are now two more sets of eyes in the SD area. I work in National City and along the water front and am down around Chicano park on a moderately regular basis, I will keep an eye out for any 05 Magnum RT's.

Are there any distinctive things to look for other than color and plate number? Any Cholo with an IQ above 70 will steal some different plates for the car and if the IQ goes above 90 they may also get it sprayed.

One last thing, send Mike Kelly a PM about this, tell him Miles told you to PM him, he will know exactly what I am thinking.

Dragonfly

Motion detecting cams/software around the house. Nothing beats it. Motion activated lights with audible beep for daytime warning are also handy. I am working on such a system right now. I also really like laser trip wire around the perimeter of the property. I don't care if I get false alarms occasionally. Oh, a shotgun comes in handy too.

My favorite surveillance software is H264 WebCam. It works great on any decent PC just use a bunch of webcams at the windows or outside.

http://www.h264soft.com/

Motion detecting cams/software around the house. Nothing beats it. Motion activated lights with audible beep for daytime warning are also handy. I am working on such a system right now. I also really like laser trip wire around the perimeter of the property. I don't care if I get false alarms occasionally. Oh, a shotgun comes in handy too.

My favorite surveillance software is H264 WebCam. It works great on any decent PC just use a bunch of webcams at the windows or outside.

http://www.h264soft.com/

That's something a crazy or paranoid person would do.