HybridZ

mirrors

rdsk8ter

They came off a Ducati 999 super bike. The blinkers in the mirrors work (spliced them into the front turn signal wires). They are a real PIA to install but after they are in there is absolutely no vibration in them. Here is another pic to give you a better idea of how they look on an S30.

S1010003-1.jpg

Dragonfly

Fantastic! I've been scouring the car shops for side mirrors and haven't found a set I really like. It never occurred to me to consider bike mirrors. I'll check out the other mirrors for other bikes but if I don't like any of them, i'll go with the 999 set. Thanks for sharing this idea.

i'm currently looking for sideview mirrors for my 260. if anyone has some nice ones that they feel like posting, please do. i'm trying to get a feel for how all the different types would look. I am looking at the black satin finish bullet mirrors currently, but don't know how they would look on my yellow car. any suggestions?

Dragonfly Looks Great! How much customization was necessary to mount them?(any trimming required to make them fit flush with the door?)

There was trimming required but not on the mirrors, the trimming was on the insided of the door. Here is a pic I found of a 999 mirror where you can kind of see the mounting area, d947_1.jpgit uses a post and a bolt then the wiring runs up one of the mirror legs (beside the mounting bolt). Because of the angle and the location of the mirror you have to trim out a part of the "rolled support" in the door in order to install and tighten the bolt that holds the mirror in place. Putting these mirrors on was not an easy job but I really like the way they look although the right (passenger side) mirror is more of a blind spot mirror than a functional mirror due to the minimal amount of adjustment made into it (remember it was made for a motorcycle where you are less than a foot away from the mirror).

One of the cool things about these mirrors is that the plastic outer cover (black on mine) can be removed fairly easily without removing the mirror itself from the car if you wanted to paint them a different color or replace them with carbon fiber (real CF but pricey).

CF covers:

mirrorcovers1_lrg.jpg

Dragonfly

The mounts are a piece of aluminum plate with going between the window track and the door trim strip. I installed a piece of plastic about 3/8" think on the back side. It covers all of the area except where it mounts to the door trim. This also makes it align properly. I screwed the bracket into the door trim and window track. The mirror is modified slightly shortening the mounting stubs and the plastic on the mounting sheet counter sunk.

I will post a picture at the end of next week when I get back to AZ.

• 3 weeks later...