HybridZ

Bolt On Horsepower

zmaster

Don't buy into any hype, I've seen stuff come and go. With fuel prices so high there will be an aboundant of this stuff.

Let it go till something gains national attention and they may be on to something.

Spend your money on ummmmm mabey...... wireing;)

Boosting octane doesn't mean anything if your engine can't utilize it.

Its like putting premium in a just unleaded car. doesn't really do much. My 06 civic actually runs rougher with premium and fuel mileage goes down.

Bolt a horse to yours, then you'll be up +1 HP :P

Guest Qwildurn

I am by no means an expert but, Gasoline is Gasoline! Octane is increased by additives yes. But high octane is only needed to stop early detonation in high compresion engines. The higher power actually comes from the higher compresion. Early detonation is known as "PING". If you use cheap gas (low octane) in a high compresion engine it will run poorly and PING under hard excelleration. Using expensive gas (high octane) in a low compresion engine will NOT gain you more power. It will lighten your wallet though, just like this fancy filter will.

Qwildurn

Escargot Racing

Owner/Driver/Mechanic/Big Cheese

73 240z

I am by no means an expert but, Gasoline is Gasoline! Octane is increased by additives yes. But high octane is only needed to stop early detonation in high compresion engines. The higher power actually comes from the higher compresion. Early detonation is known as "PING". If you use cheap gas (low octane) in a high compresion engine it will run poorly and PING under hard excelleration. Using expensive gas (high octane) in a low compresion engine will NOT gain you more power. It will lighten your wallet though, just like this fancy filter will.

Qwildurn

Escargot Racing

Owner/Driver/Mechanic/Big Cheese

73 240z

Been explained many, many....many times before in the engine forum. This is one of those "look at what garbage someone is trying to push" threads.

Well stuck one of my Z emblems and made it a belt buckle. I don't feel any stronger :P

This is a scam and if this stuff did everything they claim it does then they are under charging! DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!

Check out their FAQ page.. www.fitchfuelcatalyst.com/products/faq.html ..what a joke! I really like this one....

Q. How does the catalyst work?

dot-cl.giftri.gifRefineries cannot remove many poorly performing molecules to make a more ideal fuel. In addition, once fuel leaves the refinery or is stored it is subject to attack by oxygen, ozone, and microorganisms (bacteria, yeast, and mold) that grow in the fuel. All these processes degrade the fuel to make a poorer product that prevents engines from performing at optimum levels. The Fitch Fuel Catalyst reformulates fuel prior to combustion on board the vehicle, preventing oxygen and most diseases from attacking the fuel and reversing any degradation :wc:that may have occurred prior to the fuel being introduced to the vehicle. The Fitch Fuel Catalyst assists the combustion process by insuring that fuel is highly uniform, potent, consistent, and stable.

Wow ...they can reverse aging! Im gonna swallow one of those thingies!

And check out how they answered this one....

Q. Why don't the OEMs like GM, Chrysler, Ford, Cat., Detroit, etc. implement the Fitch Fuel Catalyst on the cars right from the assembly line?dot-cl.giftri.gifThe OEMs don't typically add parts to the assembly line unless it

saves money or they are required to add because of specific regulations. OEMs must meet certain standards set forth by the EPA and other regulatory organizations. When determining MPG window sticker numbers, the EPA requires the automotive OEMs to test on a certified fuel such as Indolene. These purest certified fuels are too expensive to mass produce and are not equivalent to what consumers purchase at the pump.

:hs::hs::hs::hs::hs::hs:...Indolene?:hs::hs::hs::hs::hs:......INDOLENE...

Is a standardized blend of gasoline used for emissions testing which has a H to C ratio of 1.86. So Indolene is standardized gasoline that eliminates variables for the purpose of baseline testing. I would think that Indolene should be protected by this catalyst thingy as well...... and they didnt answer the question......

:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:...all BS!

I went through one of these years ago with an oil additive that was suposed to decrease friction so much that I'd see "at least a 10% decrease in power consumption. It was for an industrial use. I convincced the salesman to give me his automotive grade lubricant to test in my car before I put it in my air compressors or extruders where I really couldn't measure it's performance improvement. To his dismay I already had five years of fuel economy data on my car. I ran it for three months. When I compared against the previous three months and against the same three month period the five previous years fuel economy had actually gone down very slightly which, statistically speaking, meant no improvement. I sent the information to the guy and never heard from him again. Fortunately for me the engine didn't fall out of the Z in the process. Changed the oil right after the trial.

Actually, the old style mothballs will boost your octane which, if you want to save a bit on fuel and buy regular and add the right amount of mothballs, is an option. It's a somewhat risky option but one never-the-less.