HybridZ

240z rear windows into 260z-metal graft?

Chartoo

Sorry I forgot to warn you of the new , kinder , gentler HAMB. The site is devoted to traditional Hot Rods and Customs mainly pre 1962 American.

Most of the guys are cool but tell them your practicing to chop your dream 32 Ford 5 window . The HAMB is a great resource but use it respectfully. If a post is O/T, state it in the thread title but dont make it a habit. Lurk around for a while to get familair with the Forum. Use the search function as much as possible, also check out the tech article archive. Check out Ryans blogs www.jalopyjournal.com to get a feel for what the site is all about. I provided the link so you could get an idea of the process involved and see the many different theories and ways that others have discovered.

Larry

http://www.wgmauto.com

i need a set of 2 seater quarter windows if any1 can help me out. other wise this project will have to wait for a bit to i can get my hands on some

No, no, no. You got it right and now you want to mess it up. Custom work on some quarter windows is not hard, perspex and aluminium frames will do it.

yeah im 90% gonna go with what i have done but i would just like to have a look at what can be done with the 240z ones. However it getting really hard to get them into aust. is there a photoshop section on hybridz? i cant seem to find it if there is

• 2 weeks later...

You really need to tie both the roof line and the quarter windows issues together. Both are adjacent to each other and influence the shape and style of each other . Photoshop or get someone to do a rendering . Its a lot easier to determine what works and you'll be certain of the end result. I've seen people go about customizing a car one item at a time and in many cases it really doesnt work well. A car should be designed as a complete package . It takes a little longer to go about it this way but the end results are well worth it.

Larry

http://www.wgmauto.com

a super quick photo edit. I did not have any other good pics of a 2+2 so I borrowed this one I found on this site. Its a great side shot that gives a good view. If the owner wants me to take it down I will. I was just trying to give a couple of ideas.

2plus2b.jpg

2plus2a.jpg

I'm definately going to remove the drip rails and then the 260z upside down windows but im just working out how long each window will be.

Ive noticed that the length of the window and the roof hump are interacting together to influence the overall look and lines so ive got to get that right. Just a few extra inches are making a difference so to say ha ha

Anyone know someone who is good at photoshop on the forum here?

• 3 months later...