HybridZ

I Want One!!!!!! (gun)

Challenger

Now does it have a secondary function as a stationary sentry gun that can be thrown on walls? (laptop gun from Perfect Dark)

Seriously that is freaking cool!

*edit*

50 seconds into the video demonstrates what I'm talking about (yeah, I'm bored)

Now, now...that's not a gun. It's a flashlight. Or a wallet.

'Gimmie your wallet!'

'Okay, okay, just don't stab me all right!?'

*reaches for wallet*

CLACKsnicktPOPPOPPOPPOPPOPPOPPOPPOPPOPPOPPOPclinktinkclinkletinktink

'Hey...hey!' *kick* 'You want the rest of my wallet? I only gave you half of it! Hello?'

clickclacksnickt

*pockets wallet, walks off*

I'd love to se the CA legal version with pinned and welded 12" barrel extension, fixed mag, and non-folding stock.

On second thought, that would be pretty gay....

That is one cool little gun. Given the similarity in size between it and an old VHS tape, I'd have to conceal it in a sleeve from some Disney flick like "Little Mermaid" or "Mary Poppins". For the ultimate in irony, maybe the VHS version of Michael Moore's "Bowling for Columbine". :)

you americans really are crazy when it comes to guns. gees.

I mean, really, do you really need a "MACHINE" gun when it comes to a mugger?

I can almost understand carrying a hand gun, almost?

but an automatic machine gun?

you got to be kidding.

Pretty cool design though.

I bet this guy would like it

Heh...well, three things:

1) It's a prototype not slated for production.

2) Even if it was a production piece, most citizens wouldn't have the credentials to own and carry it legally.

3) Never mind what the factory rep said, it's a machine pistol...it uses a pistol cartridge and components. Machine guns are chambered in rifle cartridges.

...and the U.S. is hardly the source of maximum overkill when it comes to firearms. We just still believe in letting the government fear the citizen, instead of the other way 'round, although that's changing, very slowly...and it's not a good thing.

On the positive side, no foreign power in its right mind would launch a conventional ground-based invasion with the ratio of firearms to people in the U.S. being what it is. :-D

In a nutshell, yes. It's a bit more complex.

The Schengen Agreement will change a lot of firearms freedoms in Switzerland this year. They still have the world's highest gun ownership per capita, one of the world's lowest violent gun crime rates, and competitive shooting is considered the national pasttime.

The Swiss are a perfect example of education, not regulation, being the solution to gun violence.

I bet this guy would like it

I would honestly have liked to see the guy WALK with all that crap. Don't get me wrong, its a legitimate concern, but seems hard pressed for someone to walk with a shotgun up their *ss....

I saw a video on youtube showing a 9 year old kid at a shooting range with a .50 caliber rifle, and getting knocked off the seat he was sitting in when he shot it. his grandpa (from the looks of it) had to grab the gun so it didn't fall off the table and land on him. Kid got up with the biggest grin in the world.

his dad (recording the video) and his gramps, as well as the kid, were all laughin their asses off.

And there were about 100000000000 replies saying how irresponsible it is to let a kid learn how to shoot a gun.

I think teaching a kid proper gun safety is infinitely wiser than keeping them in the dark.

watching someone shoot a .50 cal for the first time is pretty funny since they don't realize how much they kick.

i'm not lucky though, I've never shot anything more than a 9mm ONCE

but I have shot countless paintball guns haha.

I saw a video on youtube showing a 9 year old kid at a shooting range with a .50 caliber rifle, and getting knocked off the seat he was sitting in when he shot it. his grandpa (from the looks of it) had to grab the gun so it didn't fall off the table and land on him. Kid got up with the biggest grin in the world.

his dad (recording the video) and his gramps, as well as the kid, were all laughin their asses off.

My brother shot a 12 gauge pump shotgun when he was about 8. Same thing happened, he flew back and my dad caught him, dad and uncle thought it was hysterical. He promptly yelled "I WANNA DO IT AGAIN!!!" and did 2 or 3 more times. I'm way more of a weenie about recoil and didn't shoot a 12 gauge until I was 14 or 15...

I handled a 12 gauge shotgun for the first time at a rage about two months back and actually said, 'That's it?' after firing it. I've fired Mosin Nagant M44 carbines...MUCH worse. I've also fired an Armalite AR-50 and was surprised at how anti-climactic the felt recoil was. It rocks you back more than it slap / kicks into your shoulder. I suppose it's all relative.

yeah, the site you linked says it has a multi flute recoil check, and says that it has very moderate recoil.

My assistant manager at the old place I used to work had a brother with a .50 caliber hand gun with a muzzle brake on it. He said that for such a huge gun, it didn't kick NEARLY as much as he thought. but I'm sure if it wasn't for that brake he would've been hurting hah.

If you want to experience a real recoil, fire a magnum 3 1/2" round through a light single shot 12 guage. That's the worst recoil I've ever felt and it made me think twice about doing it again. :)

I can't compare it to a 50 cal rifle as I haven't fired one of those yet but I had the opportunity to fire a 50 cal hand gun and was surprised that the recoil wasn't worse. I wouldn't want to spend all day shooting it but 10 rounds wasn't to bad.

Wheelman

The muzzle brake on the Armalite is awesome. The recoil feels similar to an HK roller locked rifle in 308, not sharp like being punched, more like being pushed. The only bad thing I've noticed about muzzle brakes like that is that they have a tendancy to make my nose run and eyes water a lot due to the concussion. Also, dont stand behind and to the side of them during firing, the blast will knock off hats and safety glasses, and is generally unpleasant :)

The muzzle brake on the Armalite is awesome. The recoil feels similar to an HK roller locked rifle in 308, not sharp like being punched, more like being pushed. ... they have a tendancy to make my nose run ...due to the concussion.

Yeah, I had to blow my nose afterward...and that was from one round. I kept the casing and stuck a lighter in it. You're absolutely right about the recoil, it really does feel as if you're just being pushed back. That's a very effective muzzle brake.

Back to the original firearm posted, I'm wondering if there's language in the federal code that prevents a semiauto version from being made...that would be a GREAT concealed carry option to a holster.