HybridZ

Getting the 75' ready for a show

Gollum

Ok, so the big Motoring J Style show is comming up. I should have confirmation about my registration in the next day or so and I've been contimplating what all I want to have done before the big day (may 24th).

My hood is rusty, and the scoop is broken, and didn't fit right anyways. I could just get to the show and pull my hood off... Or I could sand it down and blind people!

Any opinions would be appreciated. I know some guys have expressed a strange draw to my rusty hood... Some even voiced it at the last vacaville meet, I answered with motions to stomp on the hood... But if enough guys think it's got mojo maybe I'll leave it.

My MSA dash is cracked where the inner corner light loop connects to the bottom, so it hangs low. I tried JB welding it but it didn't hold, as soon as I scraped it lightly the first time it'd come undone. Should I try a plastic epoxy or something else... or just leave it?

Driver side window is all scratched... I'll probably just leave my window down.

Might remove the only remaining tint, the corner windows.

I've also considered pulling my nice 6 spoke rims off my 81' 280ZX just for the show. Thought they might look better than the current rims, but I'd never seen the rims my car has before I bought it, so maybe I should just leave them.

Any other tips or suggestions of things to do before the show would be appreciated. For the most part I plan on just leaving the car all day and walking around with my camera. Don't really need the car to look perfect, just presentable.

Gollum,

As a dd, I would do the quick fix items that you mentioned such as fixing the dash as noted, tint windows, keep current wheels and wash&pollish. Tinting the side & back glass will complete your ride and help on sunny days in the BayArea. The rusty hood can be a future project, when time is more convenient. You stated it: "just presentable".

Going to Zshows is a time for conversing with friends and meeting new ones; collecting info for future builds and taking pictures for those who live too far away. Thanks for that too. R&R day.

Motoring J Style show > where is it? and just zcars?

Now, thanks for your contributions to HybridZ. Your insite has been a big help; continue the good work.

My Zcar was purchased on dealership alley in 1984.

john

The Motoring J Style show is a classic japanese car show in vallejo, ca. This will be their second show, and should be 300+ cars.

I'll be doing my best to take as many pics as possible. So you should be seeing pics soon after (show is on the 24th)

They have the show set up in a way where there can be subgroups within the show, for instance some guys from the sacramento area are all going to be together in one area as they had someone organize it all and was actually sub selling tickets for their group. So I'm hoping that by next year we could have a hybridZ section at the show. I'll talk to some people who have groups this year and see what all it takes, how many people they need, and how much it costs to get it all put together.

As far as the car goes, I did a litte bit of work today. I think body wise I'm just gonna try to fix my front air dam and leave most of the car be for the show.

Ben, you should still come out to the show. 300-400, maybe even more classic japanese cars. You really going to miss it just because you don't have a car to show?

Last year Jay Leno had his 60's mazda cosmo there. At the steep entry price of $20 a head it's still gonna be well worth the money.