new video of all my trouble

big-phil

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lots has been going on with the car. I'm feeling down.:cry:

Phil, I know how you feel. TRUST ME, I know EXACTLY how you feel. :(

It's funny you say that you are thinking about selling the car, as I said the exact same thing after:

1) Blowing a head gasket in October 2007 right after I got the swap running correctly after 9 months downtime.

2) Blowing a head gasket again in November, had the head rebuilt.

3) A brand new Walbro fuel pump failed on me leaving me stranded.

4) Shifter pin broke leaving me stranded.

5) Lady hit me and destroyed my Kaminari air dam.

6) Having a lifter back out on the rebuilt head and destroying a cam lobe.

7) Fix the lobe and have the turbo blow up and I mean BLOW UP. I broke the shaft.

8) Had the turbo rebuilt and then blow head gasket number #3 due to detonation while trying to get the FJO racing meth injection setup working correctly.

All of the above happened since October 2007. My advice is to not over-react and just give it some time.

Sit back and cover the Z for a while. Sometimes you need to get out of it for a while but don't sell it. A 240SX is NOT an S30. If 350HP and 400ft-lbs isn't enough, then go with a crate V8 and you might even be able to use the megasquirt to run it. Don't sell. You wil miss it in a week or two.

From what i understand all the diesel guys upgrade from the hy351cw because the exhaust side gets to hot because of the 9cm exhaust housing. So I would try one of 2 things.

!. Try a hx35w or maybe even a hx40w there is many different exhaust sizes available and fan types.

2. Go with a large external waste gate to where your not pushing all the exhaust through the turbine and heating it up. Then you wont be cooking the compression ring.

Hope that helps. All the diesel guys say the stock turbo works fine for eveyr day driving but when you start hauling heavy loads the exhaust turbine starts getting to hot. So i think if you only push enough exhaust through the turbine and bypass the rest through an external wastgate it wont get heated up as much.

I'm going tomorrow to All Z, Kyle and myself are going to put my ACT sprung clutch in, and I'm going to pick up his HY35 from him. How do I keep this turbo from burning up? I like 25lbs Soooo much.

Turbo lube positive oil pressure system after ignition shutdown?

Big-Phil, I gotta ask: "Handjob"? Umm did I miss something in the video, and glad I did?

In all seriousness, what was your injector PW and duty cycle when in boost? You said your AFR was going "off the scale, beyond 10:1". This would lead me to believe that I could get away with injectors half the size (or there abouts) that according to calculations should support the HP your producing.

well despite all the issues, be glad you're not me ^_^ I have yet to be able to even register my Z since I've bought it (october 07) due to MANY issues. I had to rebuild the head (for way more than I should've, but had to) had to get new parts here and there, new battery, new fuel lines, vacuum lines, new afm. oh, and now, because the head is rebuilt, i need to do a bottom end rebuild because the rings are now shot. Oh yeah, and it over heats non-stop, but I think i finally figured out why.

anyways, it's a love hate relationship, ya know? when she works you're happy, but then things get too good so she breaks on you so she can get new parts to be pretty, then you're both happy again.

Glad to see you got rid of those venom injectors. I've heard NASTY things about them to the point that i'd say you're lucky your engine didn't get cooked by running them.

If I remember correctly, and someone on here will certainly back me up or correct me, running rich will glow your turbine housing. That could be your whole problem.

I know that lean makes high EGT's but dumping fuel into your turbine will turn it into a jet engine headed for meltdown.

Tune the upper part of the maps or at least lean them down.

the video stopped at 0:27 for me. anyone else?

EDIT: worked fine. and just to enforce the overall opinion of the board....do not sell! throw a more modern engine in the z and let it rip. rb or 2jz are both great engines. personally, a 2jz with a 6-speed sounds like the best option to me