HybridZ

the start of the B.customs Z has begun..2jz 1000hp

Overkill Z

Mike, I don't see anywhere that you responded to stony's suggestion to check your timing. I believe timing was the exact same reason streetfighter's 2JZ kept overheating when he first got it going. It would start up and run fine so we had plenty of time to hunt down the issue but we never checked the timing; a week of frustration for him as he finished up other parts and he finally got Justin Ninny(?) to recheck the base tune and found the timing was all out of wack. The overheating stopped and he picked up over 100HP or so before they really got to work on the tuning.

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

right now it doesnt run well enough to check timing

Mike, I don't see anywhere that you responded to stony's suggestion to check your timing. I believe timing was the exact same reason streetfighter's 2JZ kept overheating when he first got it going. It would start up and run fine so we had plenty of time to hunt down the issue but we never checked the timing; a week of frustration for him as he finished up other parts and he finally got Justin Ninny(?) to recheck the base tune and found the timing was all out of wack. The overheating stopped and he picked up over 100HP or so before they really got to work on the tuning.

right now it doesnt run well enough to check timing

What???

I understand what you mean, but have you made sure all is lined up no advance just stock marks???

I would think that is one of the first places to start, its free and it will rule out one more thing......

But if you have then good for you and I missunderstood what you ment.

Hope that makes sence. :redface:

+.02

Is it still pump out black smoke? Have you tried to lean it out and it dosnt work?? if so you may have an injector problem.

As for timing PUT A TIMING GUN ON IT and check it. check your cam sprockets is you have them they are know for becoming loose and fully retarding or advancing cant remember which.

Again i would recommend taking back to another shop that can get a base tune done for you. it will be cheaper in the end especially if it has issues.

fuel pump/ lack of fuel could would be a reason for that to happen too. Check your lines, make sure there isnt a pinch, check your filter. You chould pull your return line off and put it over the filler on the cell and cycle the fuel pump, make sure its feed fuel nice. Injectors could be clogged, they have a little screen filter on them too if you take them off and clear it out.

i met a guy at the race track with an 800hp lexus sc300 with a turbo 2j in it. he is running aem ems and told me what i have to do to get it to idol better...BAM last night i got the car idoling again! i had to change the setting of the idol control valve because the stock settings will not work with my huge intake manifold and throttle body

NO MORE OVERHEATING...... found the problem was my gauge!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it wasnt set u right for the toyota temp sensor so it gave a false reading. car runs at idol very nicely we have run it a temp for long periods of time with no hoses failing or oil leaks!!! it revs nicley until 2500rpms it feels like hit hits a rev limiter. but since we can heat up the motor not we found a intake leak behnf the trottlebody that i need to fix!