HybridZ

Father's Day...whadja get?

Calgary280ZT

The kids came over for Father's Day, had a nice dinner, great time. Then they pulled out the gift. They hear me complaining about the faux wooden steering wheel on the Z, how it's uncomfortable on long drives, my hands slip if I sweat a little....so they got me English leather racing gloves! How cool is that? Admittedly, they look a little gay. LOL But dang, they sure make driving more fun. They're even black, to match the interior. Now I know my Z can beat those crappy Porches and Vettes...we'll see how many of those guys are wearing racing gloves!!

Got a card and the dinner bill...Go figure.

Lol, I got a Free Saturday to myself! Wife out of town, son spent the day at a friends house and my daughter went to the beach with a friend.

Very nice weekend all in all.

Went to a men's breakfast at church Saturday morning and then out skeet shooting with them with my century old double-barrel 28 gauge shotgun. The next day, fathers day, my wife gave me a new Remington model 870 20 gauge pump action shotgun. The muskrats in the pond are in real trouble now!:icon6:

My wife is 6 months pregnant with our first child. I refused to recognize her as a mother for Mother's Day and was unwilling to accept Father's Day gifts. So all I got was a "Happy Pre-Father's Day" salutation from a friend of mine.

I got 2 filters and 1 new Shop Vac... to replace the one I burnt out during this week-end's flash flood. (Iowa) We were actually cleaning up the basement last night, removing carpet and mopping when someone actually remembered it was fathers day. Could have been better, but the headlines also point out how much worse it also could have been. 6 inches in a 3 hour span over whelmed the basement, but I'll take it, considering.