HybridZ

R.I.P.S RB30 street engine getting another update for testing

RIPSNZ

After getting the record for the worlds quickest and fastest street 240z (8.7 on street tyres) and a 9.7 on its first pass in the 1800kg+ street Drag-R R34 we decided it was time to up our game some more and really push these street motors to 1200hp and beyond.

The T51spl was nice and we made 900whp very easily on the 240z's RB30, the GT42 on the Drag-R was running out of puff at 1.9 bar (960whp) and it was surprisingly responsive on the road so we thought we'd go bigger again on the 240z and get both stages of NOS going to really wake it up.

Goals are very low 8s, maybe into the 7s at 175mph+ on street tyres.

This must be done with a fully water cooled motor (no block filler) stock crank, stock cradle and the same head and intake etc as the previous engine.

rips240zgt45turbo007vq5.jpg

Rob

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It'll mainly be used on the strip but I drove the old setup on the street quite a bit with no filter and as long as you don't follow behind someone too close its fine.

Got a bit done in the last 2 days, we've taken the twin NOS bottle kit out and installed just one bottle on the passenger side floor, the large drag fuel cell and steel cover is also gone and we've made a nice little 12 litre alloy fuel cell and alloy cover, MUCH lighter, should hold enough for 2 runs plus the trips back the return road.

rips240znewfuelcellandcgy0.jpg

rips240znewfuelcellandczm2.jpg

rips240znewfuelcellandced6.jpg

We've decided to move the turbo up and out a little, this means we can make the manifold and it will also suit the next size up turbo as well.

Rob

12 litre alloy fuel cell
should hold enough for 2 runs plus the trips back the return road

Ha! I love it, that means, you are HOPING that 6 litres of fuel will get you a whole 800-1000 m. HA, i think the prius gets 6ltrs/100km, you are hoping for 6ltrs/1km. HA. I love it.

I thought 6l per km was good?? lol
If we don't burn up all the oil/petrol the car makers won't come up with new technology - so it is our job to burn it up for the better of the world :icon12:

Great job Rob I am sure you will reach your target pass time.