HybridZ

Z pretenders.........ugh

Mauisnow13

I did play a joke on a kid at last year’s Ztoberfest in Richmond. My Z had the SU on the turbo motor while I was breaking it in. Some kid was looking at my Z and said “where is the turbo?†I said I put it in the trunk to balance out the 50/50 weight and he was like cool. I had him going for like 10 minutes and everyone around was trying not to laugh. Then I told him the truth and he was like...oh ok, he felt pretty dumb. :wink:

I don't really remember that part, I must have been looking around at some other Z's, but was it one of these really emo looking kids? They kept trying to explain Z's to me like I have no idea. Then they stare at the tattoo and finally relise that I might own a Z, then they all asked which is mine. Wish I brought mine that day.

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol so ill be able to buy a 350z in another 35 years or so :-D

Yeah, see the cover of GrassRoots Motorsports a couple of issues ago:

"Nissan 300ZX-the 90's Supercar is now Affordable"

They did an article on the Z32, it's impact, and what to look for in a used sports car. It wasn't long after that I bought mine.

Yes, I agree, explaining the different generations is sometimes difficult. I usually just say "Old Z car".

The problem I've had with explaining to someone that it's a 350z fore-father is that people immediately associate it with the G35 as well and have to ask where the luxury version or what appointments the 280z came in.

my answer is usually "theres always luxury in having a car that looks great 30 years later"

If I have one more moron ask me what year my rx7 is, I am going to strangle them. Mazda dreams that they sold half as many rx7's as Datsun sold S30's. When I correct them they always ask "are you sure?" No, I am a total idiot and don't know my car from another.

I actually LOLed.

A story of a Z of a different sort, a Z24, that a friend of mine owns that has a built 3400 V6 in it, has been told by more than a few people that the 3400 was never offered in an Impala, the car the engine block and heads originally cam from, and that it's a Beretta. The guy is a GM tech, I would think he knows a thing or two about the car HE built. :lol:

I don't think anyone has mentioned this one yet, but sometimes people see a 280Z or a 280ZX and say "hey, that's a nice Z28" *smacks forehead*. Challenger knows what I'm taking about. :cry2:

The other day, I see this Z32 around my neighborhood...I see him a second time at the 7-Eleven, and the guy is putting another sticker on his 1/4 window. I tell the guy I like his Z (n/a) and he says "I've had lots of these, and used to have a twin turbo with big turbos...it used to eat Vipers all day long!" (Which I don't doubt)

But then, he goes on to say "this one only weighs 1600 pounds" I didn't have the heart to correct him and say more like 3600 pounds...maybe he meant 1600 kilograms, hehe...:-D

I don't think anyone has mentioned this one yet, but sometimes people see a 280Z or a 280ZX and say "hey, that's a nice Z28" *smacks forehead*. Challenger knows what I'm taking about. :cry2:

The other day, I see this Z32 around my neighborhood...I see him a second time at the 7-Eleven, and the guy is putting another sticker on his 1/4 window. I tell the guy I like his Z (n/a) and he says "I've had lots of these, and used to have a twin turbo with big turbos...it used to eat Vipers all day long!" (Which I don't doubt)

But then, he goes on to say "this one only weighs 1600 pounds" I didn't have the heart to correct him and say more like 3600 pounds...maybe he meant 1600 kilograms, hehe...:-D

Haha. :-D He did not "accidentaly" mix them up, he is a fraud.... but I still have an address and phone number so I can pay him a visit when Im older...:malebitch

• Administrators

What about when some one walks up as you get out of your Z-32 and they ask, "Which model of Saturn is that? Didn't know they made a sports version!"

Must be the headlights, sorta similar to the early Saturn cars?...

Years back when I was in the navy I was looking through a guys chiltons or haynes and saw a v6. Now if my memerory seves me right (I'm pretty sure it dose not) that v6 was in a early model of a Z. I've never heard it mentioned in all the years being on HybridZ. I know I saw it and think I was told it was very limited.

I must have a confusion here just want to correct an old memory of mine.

did you know that Lamborghini uses Z32 headlights turned sideways on one of their models? Can't remember which one.

I've had my car called a Z28 before...ugh. Yup. Japanese camaro right there.

Also had the Porshe treatment. that was fun explaining it was a 30 year old Datsun. guy says "My Dad had one of those...I knew there was something I liked about it!" LOL

I've also been told that 1973 was the first year 240z's were imported into the US. lol

Every time he sees my Z, this old boy tells me the same story about raising Heck in the early 1970's his friend's 240Z.....which was so fast because it had the factory 6-pack carbs!!!

chiltons or haynes and saw a v6. Now if my memerory seves me right (I'm pretty sure it dose not) that v6 was in a early model of a Z.

I have the 240Z, 280Z, 280ZX, 300ZX Chilton's book that covers all Zs from 1970 to 1989, so it does have photos of the VG 3.0L V6, along with the I6 in the engine chapter.

did you know that Lamborghini uses Z32 headlights turned sideways on one of their models? Can't remember which one.

I've had my car called a Z28 before...ugh. Yup. Japanese camaro right there.

Also had the Porshe treatment. that was fun explaining it was a 30 year old Datsun. guy says "My Dad had one of those...I knew there was something I liked about it!" LOL

I've also been told that 1973 was the first year 240z's were imported into the US. lol

Diablo 6.0 headlights.

HAHAHA, go on ebay and list your Z32 headlights as Diablo Headlights!

My wife once told me that there was a car just like mine in the neighborhood. So I went and drove by and it was an early 70s Firebird!!

Mine does that too. She's like, I saw a Z in the neighborhood just like yours. She shows me and it's a ZX. I try explaining the differences and she just says it looks just like yours.

The thing I can't get over is she calls it a "Roach" car. I can never get an explanation from her on what she means, She just says it reminds her of a roach.

Mine does that too. She's like, I saw a Z in the neighborhood just like yours. She shows me and it's a ZX. I try explaining the differences and she just says it looks just like yours.

The thing I can't get over is she calls it a "Roach" car. I can never get an explanation from her on what she means, She just says it reminds her of a roach.

:hs:Never heard the roach thing before. Hahha thats a new one..... Hows it look like a roach anyways?