HybridZ

My new custom plates (Woo hoo! ...Finally)

hughdogz

Well, my "HI NRZ" plates were getting old...I got sick of being asked what it meant...so I ordered a new set (once you order vanity plates in Oregon, you can change them anytime you want, for the next two years, for a mere $20 extra). However, it takes about 2-3 months to manufacture).

For some reason, they quit using the holographic state of Oregon seals...I hope I don't get pulled over again and the popo thinking I made them. :icon31:

Let me know what you think...I'll probably go with some SP (special purpose) plates next time around since you only have to register once (~$20) and no DEQ. :P

Cheers, -hughdogz

S130_ZT.jpg

Hey Guys,

I had no idea that I'd get this much attention. :-D

Okay, I'll come clean now about what the heck they mean, hehe.

"HI NRZ": I came up with this idea from "HI NRG" (=high energy). Also, it was at that time when Dodge Neons had the advert campaign going where their slogan was "Hi" (because ??)....and I thought that was kind of cute. :P So, I was going to use "HI NRGZ" but then I thought that looked ugly, so I changed my mind to "HI NRZ" (substituted the "G" for a "Z") thinking people would get it...NOT! :icon_frow

So then I got a chance to change it again. Since Kurzals already has the Oregon plate "Turbo Z" I couldn't use that one. "TURBO ZX" or "ZX TURBO" wouldnt fit since Oregon only allows six digits (and a space or hyphen) and it was kind of too close to John's. I wanted "S130 ZXT" but that wouldn't fit either!

I settled for "S130 ZT" since S130=chasis code for a 280ZX, and Z (because it is a Z, or more specifically a ZX, and "T" since it is turbo).

Whew! All this and I'm probably going to go with SP plates eventually.

...I hope this made sense...

Ill have to post mine up tonight I just got the tag for my 350z in the mail:

"DATSUN"

I couldn't believe it was available.

Haha!! That's Awesome Austin! :P

No one will understand a 350Z with a "DATSUN" plate unless they know the Z heritage.

Hmm I don't know what I want for a custom plate, but I THINK I can do "XGP15A2" which no one would understand unless they knew the show Outlaw Star.

The new plates that are out now are REALLY annoying me. I noticed a car with it a few weeks ago and thought someone had badly printed out an Arizona license plate. but NOPE. it's like they're getting lazy and not stamping the letters/numbers. However, it still has teh little holographic stamp in the middle of the plate.