HybridZ

Type III S130 airdam from MSA coming soon

hughdogz

Hugh - So the only difference between the Type III and II is the round fog light or brake duct holes

Regards - Yasin

Yasin' date='[/color']

From what I can tell, there are a few differences. I think they basically took the below bumper portion from the S30 type III and the upper portion from the S130 type II. This means:

• Type III has foglight / brake duct holes. If this isn’t appealing or useful, they can be filled-in
  • The opening is bigger than the type II, which may or may not be better (cooling versus aero)
  • The lower lip protrudes forward more than the type II. I like this better since it is almost a splitter now
  • The bottom doesn’t appear to “slope up†towards the front as much as a type II. You might even be able to run a real splitter, since it will be nearly horizontal

I think they might have changed their vendor, since a buddie of mine recently installed a brand-new type II on his ZXR and said it wasn't quite symmetric as to how far the bumper sticks out below the headlight nacelle / bucket??

roye@hrewheels.com, the gap is there from the factory, but it doesn't look quite so big OEM. There is a piece of black rubber that is attached to the underside of the hood, that "closes" the gap. With these front fascias, there could be a slight issue with interference when the hood opens and closes. It works fine on mine, but it seems to not work so well on the newer type II's (I know two ZX's that have this problem). It is probably in how tight you install the airdam. You may have to trim the rubber piece down a bit.

The pic is of the prototype, they probably still have some minor tweaking to do. Overall, I think it is great and MSA is showing some love for the ‘ol 280ZX’s. :P

I think biggest factor is in the installation. I’ve seen examples where the fascia is not only glassed-in, but you can fasten it tight up against the headlight buckets, and mold it in so there is no gap (like Heat’s Mach5). Same goes for the rear valance / fascia…I think it looks much cleaner if you eliminate the gap(s). It’s way more work, but it looks so much cleaner…