HybridZ

For the Layman - what is the best config?

I have a whale tail and a 3 Port Style by Kaminari air dam and I'm thinking about vortex generators and an adjustable lowered suspension, is there anything else I should do to slice the wind? I was thinking about zg flares and wider tires but they seem to cause drag.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dave

You're gonna get hit with the Search-Hammer; particularly since many of the mods you are thinking about have actual wind tunnel results free to you to peruse (assuming you take the time to learn how to read it). However, to help you a bit, you'll need to look up some of the threads about blocking a portion of the front off, boxing in the opening to the radiator, installing an undertray, etc. Just about every thread in this section has valuable discussions and new information. Be sure to read up and search up. Nobody is going to take the time to hand it all to you on a silver platter if you won't take the time yourself.

AFAIK, flares help reduce drag caused by wider wheels that are poking out a bit.

I have a whale tail and a 3 Port Style by Kaminari air dam and I'm thinking about vortex generators and an adjustable lowered suspension, is there anything else I should do to slice the wind? I was thinking about zg flares and wider tires but they seem to cause drag.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Dave

Without giving all the info away without you searching which is going out of style now days. Block off your radiator opening (search to know how), install hood or fender vents (search to see what works), lower car, install flares, vg, and bre spoiler. From what Ive read youll have a pretty well balanced car.

I guess in hindsight that was a bit presumptuous of me, but it seemed like such a good idea at the time... I'll try to read up more on these things...

One of the things I do find is that I can spend allot of time searching and then not find what you are looking for even though you think the thread you have found will have the relevant information (think Google.) I.e. what is the best angle for the vortex generators - the angles on the wind tunnel test vehicle, the angles the manufacturer recommends or the angles on a Cessna 170 - you see what I mean. I love and appreciate this site all of you have built and it has a wealth of helpful information but sometimes I just have to type in a question and see what people who know have to say. Since the 240, 260 and 280 all are basically standard to each other I thought there would be, in this case, a close to best configuration.

Sorry I ruffled any feathers...

Dave Chambers

Without giving all the info away without you searching which is going out of style now days. Block off your radiator opening (search to know how), install hood or fender vents (search to see what works), lower car, install flares, vg, and bre spoiler. From what Ive read youll have a pretty well balanced car.

Thanks

Derek