HybridZ

Alternate antenna locations??

I have never had any luck with non-standard aerials. I tried every one I could find back in the day, and they all had horrible reception.They tend to function better as a function of height and length, which is usually at odds with what we might be looking for.

Why even bother with an antenna? Between CDs, auxiliary inputs on head decks for MP3 players, and satellite radio, radio is dead.
I still listen to the radio. There's some decent stations here. Not to mention, satellite radio isn't free, and there's no way I'm paying for radio.

I still listen to the radio. There's some decent stations here. Not to mention, satellite radio isn't free, and there's no way I'm paying for radio.

People said the same thing about cable television 30 years ago.....

Once you experience satellite radio, you never go back. :)

Not intentionally threadjacking but I just had to respond.

FWIW, the best reason in favor of satellite radio is NEVER having to listen to another commercial *ever* again on the music stations. No more 8-15 minute breaks. Then being able to listen to the same station/genre of music over any length of a drive without losing the station every hour or 2 runs a close second, and that doesn't even address the many areas without much choice of stations. Then what about the specialty programming- ESPN, racing, baseball, football that appeal to many? Finally, bandwidth and quality beats FM hands down.

My time saved from avoiding commercials and simply enjoying the music = priceless. I love not having to listen to all that horrible sales blather as my time's worth much more than a mere $14 a month.

Poindexter. I too liked that idea, back in the early day of VHS and then DVD and even movie theatres! Then they started to put advertising in them too! Now some of the dvd's I can't jump to the main menu, I have to FF through each ad or video preview each time I want to watch a movie that I paid for, so I don't have to endure comercials on tv to watch that same movie. Comercials are coming to Satellite radio. Just wait.

But back to the thread. I use a marine antenna, and it is a little black box that is about 3 inches long by 3/4" by 3/4". I have it stuck in the top left of my windshield inside the car. Works good enough for me.

Ok well since I also have horrible reception and also dont have XM (use to but forgot to pay the bill "intentionaly"), Lets see some more Shazzy antenna setups.

280zone I have always loved your car. Never noticed that antenna in the past. Looks hot. Good work

Edit: Can you get us a picture of the front of your car 280zone? Thanks