HybridZ

l24 turbo

rossman

I have a low mileage l24/p30 that I am planning to turbo. I have a f54 that I'm going to rebuild but in the mean time I am going to have fun with the p30 turbo. I have all the parts I need to make the conversion: p90, zxt turbo manifold, he351, n42, avo 21x8x3 intercooler, 450cc injectors, ms2, lc-1, etc. Anybody out there running a similar setup? I am wondering what to expect.

• 1 month later...

I'm running a stock L24 with the turbo stuff bolted on from a 280zx turbo engine.

Running stock non-turbo injectors, stock boost level and have been for 45,000 miles on an engine that now has 270,000 miles.

I saw you on another thread asking about gasket choice but I couldn't find if the valves of the p90 hit the bores of the l24 and the only talk I see of it concerns unshrouding.

I only want to know if the valves of a p90 hit the bore.

I put the head on temporarily and they did not hit but I didn't turn the engine since the timing chain wasn't installed. I think it's really close though because some people have reported that they do. My block has been bored over .75 mm so there is a little more clearance.

• 4 weeks later...

howler monkey... can you elaborate a bit more on your setup????

Im a bit confused, I always thought the stock L24e injectors were too small to run boost? and any idea of your compression ratio?

I currently have a L24e with N47 head in mt series 2 R30 skyline, very similar to your maxima.

Will be bolting some turbo gear on in a few weeks

In Australia too!

• 2 weeks later...
how much did that cost, if you dont mind me asking.

Mine was (IIRC, don't feel like finding the receipt) something like three or four grand back in 2001 when the PO had it built from a L29. That includes the block, crank, head and manifold work though, as well as the cams, so basically what he got.

Since it looks like he ordered a new block as well, I'm guessing he spent.....6-8k *shrugs*.

Rossman, what cam specs/head did you go with? final CR?

I have a low mileage l24/p30 that I am planning to turbo. I have a f54 that I'm going to rebuild but in the mean time I am going to have fun with the p30 turbo. I have all the parts I need to make the conversion: p90, zxt turbo manifold, he351, n42, avo 21x8x3 intercooler, 450cc injectors, ms2, lc-1, etc. Anybody out there running a similar setup? I am wondering what to expect.

Hey man, I will hook you up with a L-28 super cheap if you are intrested. Dont waste your time to just blow up the L24. Shoot, I may just trade you motors if you want.....maybe