HybridZ

turbo lq9 help!

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plans are to run it between the crossmember and motormount and run it to the rear of the car
How big of diameter do you plan on making the down pipe? Do you have the standard JCI style motor mounts? If I'm thinking about the same place you're talking about running the down pipe, you are limited to pretty much only running a 3" diameter pipe through that little hole. I'm on a mission to figure out a way to run at least a 3.5" down pipe to the back of the car. I think that 3" is just a little too small. Heres the area that I run mine through.... Same place you're talking about?

DSCN1432.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
How big of diameter do you plan on making the down pipe? Do you have the standard JCI style motor mounts? If I'm thinking about the same place you're talking about running the down pipe, you are limited to pretty much only running a 3" diameter pipe through that little hole. I'm on a mission to figure out a way to run at least a 3.5" down pipe to the back of the car. I think that 3" is just a little too small. Heres the area that I run mine through.... Same place you're talking about?

DSCN1432.JPG

Thats a tight fit!

Its a 3" pipe in the pic, absolutely no way you can fit anything bigger. You just have to be precise with your welding and take your time, nothing special.

Would it be possible to fab something for the rack and pinion and lower it a bit?? If so, how much extra room would you gain?

Would it be possible to fab something for the rack and pinion and lower it a bit?? If so, how much extra room would you gain?

I'm sure where there is a will, there is a way. But how much extra room would you gain? I'm going to guess not too much, if I recall the lack of room was side / side, not up / down. So if you could fab the "mount piece that pops up off the stock X member" to be closer to the passenger side, then I think you would be onto something. If that makes any sense....:hs:

• 2 weeks later...

well..... i got the car to start and it was leaking fuel from the fuel rail, oil from the adapter above the oil filter and coolant from the thermostat housing :-(. Also seems that the spark plug on cyclinder 1 doesnt seal properly:fmad:. I'm hoping i dont need to pull the head to fix it. Other than the above mentioned its going well, i figure about 3 weeks until i get the radiator, cooling fans and surge tank sorted. then hopefully off to the dyno:)

• 8 months later...
  • 3 months later...

I didnt really like the outcome of the race. The car spins clean thru third gear and the bottom of fourth, sooo some 255/50-16 mickey thompson radial are in my future. Also going to an 80mm turbo along with a cam in an attempt to wake up the motor in upper rpms. btw the chase car/ camera car in the vid is a 450 or so wheel hp s2000

416 at 9 lbs. Pretty sure its inacurate though because at low boost (5 lbs) i run away from by friends 3.4 liter blower built c5 vette which makes 525 to the wheels with his low boost pulley on (10 lbs). Going by my super accurate butt dyno id guess somewhere in the relm of 560-580 or so at 11 lbs