HybridZ

L28ET Swap!!!!

jacob80

hey the flux core will burn through any thin metals like a hot knife through butter, what you're going to want to do is maybe get some sheet metal from home depot or i personally just go to junk yards and ask for old car hoods and grind the paint off, it works just as good, if not better because it's actually the same metal :-). It takes alot of practice and you should definitely get a right angle grinder, it's a must! Just slowly fill in the hole in a spiral patter from the outside in, using slow spurts. Flux core requires a lot of practice and all the lumps and spatter you can simply grind off with your grinder. It's alot of fun once you realize what you're doing!

I have a Miller 100 and the settings I had were very limited, just 1 or 2 for amperage and a 1-10 wire speed. On you Hobart I would probably use.. around 40 or 50 for amperage maybe 60; but the wire speed is the big thing so I'd use a 1 or 2 speed maybe 3, I cant say since I don't know what a 1 speed on a Hobart is compared to a Miller's 1 speed... Practice using different setting, always wear a mask, blah blah blah and it helps if you hold the welder at a 45-60 degree angle so you can actually see what you're doing as you weld (provided you have that mask on). It's really quite fun!

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks Awesome!

Brings back memories.

87171598_QmyqQ-S.jpg

You can run 14psi boost with a completely stock ZXT fuel injection and turbo (intercooled). You need to run 65psi of fuel pressure during boost with a RRFPR and a good fuel pump...265rwhp/300ft-lbs

• 3 weeks later...

Good stuff. I only have one immediate suggestion - get a much shorter intake pipe. There's no real good reason to have it all the way out there and, in my opinion, looks really odd sitting there. If it was me, I'd shorten that pipe to be just long enough to clamp on so the filter is actually touching the blue silicone elbow the other end of the pipe is connected to.

Good stuff. I only have one immediate suggestion - get a much shorter intake pipe. There's no real good reason to have it all the way out there and, in my opinion, looks really odd sitting there. If it was me, I'd shorten that pipe to be just long enough to clamp on so the filter is actually touching the blue silicone elbow the other end of the pipe is connected to.

Actuall its really the only way we could make it fit. Otherwise, yes, we would make it shorter, thanks for the advice though!

• 1 month later...

some more advice :/ damn dude please tell me you didn't do all that work in the super tight garage. i saw the video" which was sweet btw" ;) and i don't see you you can open either door to get out of the car man :P hahaha. the build up was sweet! just wish there was more of a walkthrough info for those who are doing their turbo swaps too. LIKE ME! :D

like what turbo are you running?

What fuel rail is that ? I WANT ONE!

got any advice for me bro ? so far i still got the bare block sitting on the donor car.

Yes, we did everything in that small one car garage. We had to squeeze between the wall and car door to slip in. I wanted it to be like a walk through but the camera just wasn't a priority at times, I apologize. The turbo is stock and it is a pallnet barb fuel rail. Advice from me is do everything right, don't half ass anything because it is NOT worth it. Be clean about everything and just do research. From this point on you will be constantly reading, trust me. Good luck!!