HybridZ

Hurricane Ike

Nismo280zEd

Well, looks like another one is coming, this time it is coming directly for me.

We are projected anywhere form 70-110mph here. I work the hospital and will be going to work tomorrow at 11am and returning home sunday or monday.

Hope everybody is prepared and stays safe.

Talk to you guys next week.

-Ed

Well... Our hospital has been running on back up power all day from about 6am on. We have enough fuel for about 96hrs until we have to fill up again.

Not looking good, from what I have heard Galveston is gone pretty much.

Approx 4million people without power from Galveston to Hunstville (about 140 mile stretch approx)

Have yet to hear from my family since friday afternoon when I came in. Heard from my girl this afternoon. Neighboors house has a tree through the house, everything is ruined. The Hospital turned into an island for half the day as the rain came down flooding all the roads around us. My friends are leaving town and heading towards college station where there is power.

I'm starting to feel like a refugee. Relief shift is supposed to start arriving tomorrow if they can get here, everybody is not feeling optomistic about it. I might be spending another day here, which honestly is the only place I know with internet, xbox, food, cold A/C (we are sleeping in the server room here)

We found a coulpe stretcher pads to sleep on tonight, hopefully no more water surprises like yesterday.

All the staff was sleeping mostly on 6th floor when the roof caved in. Compromised the integrity of the 6th floor, massive flooding on 2nd floor by SICU and leaking throughout the hospital. Things are crazy.....

Hope everything gets better soon. I can't possibly imagine there being class tomorrow or work for anybody except emergency and medical personell.

-Ed

Take it easy there Ed, what a mess to be in.

Both my Girlfriend and I have friends and family in H-town, Nothing but bad news coming through the pipeline especially down near Galveston. Looks like they are trying to keep everyone out until Wednesday...we will be heading over there as soon as we can to help with clean up.

Evidently the Houston hub provides 1/5 of the nations refined petroluem. Who woulda guessed? lol

I'm still on lock down at the hospital, got to go home today for a couple hours and check on everybody. Everybody is safe and doing well. Houses are intact, just some minor leaking windows, houses to the left and right of ours are not so good. We got lucky.

Right now we are trying to find a place with power that has generators instock and willing to sell them, also trying to find fuel stations with power.

Let me know if you hear of anything.

I know here at the hospital we saw 111mph winds and possibly stronger.

-Ed

We stayed at home through the storm, boarded up the windows we thought would break, and just sat through it. Where we were it wasn't too bad, in fact I slept through it all. The tree in the back yard lost several branches, and I spent the weekend helping neighbors move branches to the front yard for pickup.

My Z is fine :) I parked it up by the house.

There is no electricity at my house, but the university has power (and internet), 'cus we have a powerplant on campus.

I have been using my bike to get around... in fact I put my car battery on my bike to power a pair of fog lights to ride around in the darkness. (it's dark at night in houston :o ) I just have to make sure to make it home before the citywide curfew.

All in all we got out pretty easily. All reports indicate that Galveston got it the worst.