HybridZ

What do you guys think?

Guest beeZy

my neighbor has a z in his back yard and i noticed it today rotting away took a closer look and its in really good condition couldnt find rust under the chassis saw a tiny spot on the driver side in teh middle of the door but thats it looks really mint

ill let the pics discribe it i want to offer him cash for it but dont know what to offer i need to talk to him about it waht model is it?

meher028.jpg

meher029.jpg

meher030.jpg

Judging from the lack of hatch vents and the late model 240z bumper it's probably a 73 240z. As far as what you should offer him you need to find out the history and give it a very good inspection. Check every little nook and cranny for rust. From what those pictures show it seems to be in very straight/descent condition considering its surroundings.

There are a few other places to check for rust such as under the rear deck lid. Do a search and you should be able to tell all the places to look.

For price take a look here, craiglist + other sites for what has sold in an "as is" condition and you should have enough knowledge to negotiate a deal. But make sure you get underneath it before you finalize the price.

'73 240Z. It has the 240Z taillights, but the front bumper has a small valance to fill in the gap between it and the body.

From the outside it looks very complete. If it has always been a California car, then you have less to worry about as far as rust is concerned. It won't be rotting away any time soon.

You might be in the market for some earlier, "round top" SU carburettors if the previous owner(s) haven't swapped the "square top" carbs for drivability. Or it might be early enough in '73 production to have had the round tops, I'm not sure when exactly they switched.

I have bought 2 Z's in similar condition. I drove both home, and both were registered and I paid 1500 each for them. Non running cars here in Cali go for less then 1000. I would feel comfortable giving him up to 1500 if the underneath is rust free. Offer low, if he doesnt take, there are plenty others just like it that arent burried in the ground on Craigslist for cheap.

Good Luck and let us know what happens :icon14: