HybridZ

Our new project

Well since out last mishap at DNI Drags resulting from bent valves etc. I decided to sell all my upper blower set up and switch to Alky. Sent the blower off to Littlefield to get restripped and clearenced for Alky. Contated Good Vibrations and ordered my Alky setup, Bought a used Bird catcher and rebuilt the engine.

Running Alky requires more compression so I had to use Jerry's Dart 230 steel heads witch have been cut to I think 43cc and a 30 Thousands copper head gasket which should bring my compression from 8.5 to around 10.5.

The Dart 230 heads have 2.08 intakes valves verses my 2.05 intake valves. Had to order a new Alky roller cam and also have my dish pistons fly cut.

Other than that all is the same 355 cu motor.

Spent all weekend fabbing up a new fuel cell that would fit in front of the car and also added a little extra front end protection to protect the cell from any mishap.

Made the braided fuel lines tonight. Still have to take the feul cell out and chemical seal it. Hope to fire up the monster this weekend. Still need to add the blower restraints. We are getting it prepped for Silver Dollar race way in October.

John

PS: we will see just how much the little R200 can handle.

9309_thumb.attach

9310_thumb.attach

9311_thumb.attach

9312_thumb.attach

9313_thumb.attach

John & Jerry,

The car is looking just too cool with the freshened up motor :2thumbs: You guys are certainly an inspiration for guys that are looking to go fast :D

I hope to meet you guys someday---I'm in Charlotte. I think there is a track in Lancaster, SC, fairly close to here, but I don't have any information on it.

Davy

If you are ever in the columbia / Lexington area let us know, we can meet up some where and talk shop.

John

John & Jerry,

The car is looking just too cool with the freshened up motor :2thumbs: You guys are certainly an inspiration for guys that are looking to go fast :D

I hope to meet you guys someday---I'm in Charlotte. I think there is a track in Lancaster, SC, fairly close to here, but I don't have any information on it.

Davy

No, Alky is cold, Not like gas which burns hot. Should not need one. I did tap 1/2 inch plugs in the timming chain cover in case I need to. I will use an electric water pump and plumb into it and probably run through a external oil / trans cooler if necessary. Since we will run only 1/4 to 1/8 mile I do not think I will need one. Running mechanical injection with a bird catcher you have to have it so rich at idle because of the transition from idle to wide open because there are no accelerator pumps. The engine runs cool unless we have a lean condition. We will have to see.

John

Are you going to run a radiator?

John & Jerry,

Davy

Thanks DavyZ for the complement. Jerry