HybridZ

First Z for me!

Guest Social Streeker

Guest Social Streeker

For the last two or three monts iv been looking for a smaller car that i can have a bit of fun with and does a little better on gas than my truck (91 f350). Thats when i found out abbout these little datsuns iv never realy been a big fan of imports but i love its look and the support for them.

Driving back anf forth every day from home to highschool to college than back home has slimed my wallet ALOT!

Browsing craigslist I found a 280z for 500$ that was perfect only thing wrong with it was a bad crank, unfortunantly the day i was supposed to make the 95 mile trip the jerk sold it for 800$ to some guy who just happend to be driving by with a car trailor...

A few days ago i found this

http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/cto/830269826.html

I got intouch with the owner and we are abbout to start making arangements for a pickup its 142miles away and iv got to load it on my car trailor because it has no mustache bar for the rear end but it has a fully restored engine and alot of the body work has been done.

Since this is my first z and im a new member i thought i would see what you thought or if it was a rip, i dont want to bust a whole day for a pile of junk

because i dont know much abbout these cars.

RUST RUST RUST RUST!!!!!! That is the biggest thing to look for when buying a Z. They told me that when I was new to Datuns and I ignored them. "Oh, I can weld, I'll just fix it" is what I said. NOOOOOO!!! These cars are unibody, which makes rust issues ten times worse. If the sorta disassembled car has no rust, or has had the rust (properly) fixed, go for it. You'll end up having to buy all new parts for everything else. (If you need a Mustache bar to get it home, I'll give you one of my extras)

Guest Social Streeker

Supposedly the car was media blasted to bare metal and most of the body work was done, unfortunantly he said the hatch needs alot of work or a new hatch entierly. There is no carpet at all not shure about the dash but the floor pans are fine. The seats are junk but thats ok iv got 2 sparco seats from my brother.

im suposed to be getting more pictures of the care later on today il post them up. Im planing on going down tuesday or friday to take a look possibly buy it.

Id buy it, pending any rust issues. Thats about fair market value out here in Cali, but I think Florida would be more rust prone...

I'd actually say it's high for CA, since I can find them in low rust condition with the engine sometimes running for about a grand, but that's deff a good price for florida it seems.

RUST RUST RUST RUST!!!!!! That is the biggest thing to look for when buying a Z. They told me that when I was new to Datuns and I ignored them. "Oh, I can weld, I'll just fix it" is what I said. NOOOOOO!!! These cars are unibody, which makes rust issues ten times worse. If the sorta disassembled car has no rust, or has had the rust (properly) fixed, go for it. You'll end up having to buy all new parts for everything else. (If you need a Mustache bar to get it home, I'll give you one of my extras)
I'd just like to echo this statement...

Guest Social Streeker

haha well he sent me more pictures he said that he got ALL of the rust out, he wasnt lieing there was no rust but there also was no floor... and most of the hatch was gone BUT NO RUST lol

so im not going to get it...

So im back to looking haha anybody know of any 240-280z' neer daytona florida?

does not need to be running. (iv got two 454 v8's and a 2jzgte both v8's have under 100 hours on them)

All i need is an ok body for an ok price.m(preferably 1k or under)

Guest Social Streeker

yep and he bondoed the crap out of the hatch to the point that the bondo was holding it together.

usualy bondo is fine if you get it painted and sealed pretty fast but its been like that for over a year, he said he sprayed aircraft cleaner on it but i dont think that did much good for the bondo.

i woulds say its a tad too much. that sucks you have to drive so far. i drove 10 miles for my baby.

i did the same exact thing, drove 12 miles to a beautiful z. i had a rust bucket with perfect mechanics, and i found a beautiful painted lambo yellow z from florida sitting in a garage in upstate ny. so what is a man to do? swap over the good mechanics from my rust bucket! i saw the lambo z on a thursday night, picked it up on saturday :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

:icon15: Have you guys been to http://www.eastwoodco.com/