HybridZ

Day of doom

Polarity

**Major setback day**

I found a local shop that was going to look at my speedometer for me, see if he could figure out what I can't. I just got wheels and adaptors from Aziza installed on the car, on the way to the shop I start to hear a rattle. Pull over and can tell the adapter on the drivers is loose. I was only about half a mile from the house figured I'd try to limp it back (there was no where flat that I could jack it up where I was). On the ride back, wheel came off. Completely trashed the drivers side fender and god only knows what else.

Called a tow truck and some local body shops, trying to find someone willing to work on it. No idea what this is going to cost in repairs, but the wife is interested in letting the body shop go ahead and clean it up and paint the entire car, that could be good. I can picture all the things I was planning on fixing and now that money is poooooof out the window and going on to a repair that I shouldn't have needed, all because I was an idiot.

Just needed to vent before I whacked myself with a hammer for being so dumb.

-polarity

Just found a great online spot (Z Car Source), ordered a new fender. From what I was told if a part is made they sell it for all the Z cars.

This day could turn out nice, the wife is now interested in the car being fixed properly. So I need some help here. She has offered to let me send it to a restoration shop. I spoke with Z Car Source, he gave me a ball park of if he did a 100% restoration (stripped it down to bare metal, replaced every bolt and made the car better than the day it was sold) as $30,000. They offer payment plans.

Here is where I need the help. First off does anyone know this shop and they work they do. Second, does anyone know of another shop that they would recommend. This shop MUST offer payment plans (my credit is fine if they need to run a check), must be willing to work on the car INCLUDING the current motor (LT1/4l60e). I need a shop that does it all. Body work, interior, wiring, and possibly even some motor upgrades.

I love working on my car, but nothing would make me happier than to see this car reach it's full potential and not just have the best I could do. I figure if there is a shop that can/will do this at a good price this is the community that would know about it.

-polarity

Harsh but at least you didn't get two broken ribs like my buddy did.

He was driving his brother's 1970 charger R/T 440 and heard the same noise followed by his seeing the reflections of a lug nut in his rear view mirror. The wheel departed the car at 45mph on a highway so he pulled over and saw the tire approaching in his rear view mirror and got out.

He put his foot out and the tire hit him so hard it crawled up his leg, hyperextened his knee like a Frank Shamrock kneebar and broke two rips before bloodying his nose.

do you need new rotors? I had a wheel come off a nissan Laurel once, screeched down the road on the rotor and buggered it. I ended up driving it on a rotor with an arc 1/2 inch deep ground out of it from scraping along the road with the brakes on.