HybridZ

My New 06' 350Z!!(carnage inside)

Tombarace14

I was planning on doing a 4G63 swap and actually bought alot of parts. Thanks to a buddy for looking at Craigslist, we found my new car! Its an 06' 350 6spd 44K and the drivers door just needs a little bondo!

NewZ06350001.jpg

NewZ06350002.jpg

NewZ06350003.jpg

NewZ06350004.jpg

NewZ06350005.jpg

What Im told is the owner was going very very fast hit a FedEx truck and took a trip thru the woods! You cant see in the pics because it had to be removed. But the drivers door bar was thru the LF wheel and tire, thats what made the hole in the 2nd to last pic! It had to be removed to get the car on the trailer. So after a few hours heres what it looks like now.

NewZ06350007.jpg

NewZ06350008.jpg

NewZ06350009.jpg

NewZ06350010.jpg

NewZ06350011.jpg

Guess whats going to happen now!

I ended up giving 1200 for the car the guy was asking 1500 for it. I just couldnt pass it up and Im so much happier with the "Nissan" power plant. Flame all you want, but my dog's name is "Nismo". The P/S pump pulley is bent but I dont need it, the engine and drive line made out ok. I'll be pulling the engine and trans tonight and maybe the rear subframe. Its amazing how much Alum. is on this car, so I should get a lil money back from scrap alone.

Tom,

Good seeing you at the Z meet this weekend. I was expecting a car a little less damaged when you were talking about it. You may want to hold on to the aluminum for a couple of weeks until the economy settles. I've seen some big swings in the aluminum market (atleast new, not sure what the scrap is doing). Good luck and let me know if you need a hand.

Joe

Heck yea!!! I'm glad to see you picked it up. Weve got quite a few guys starting this swap now. This think this is an awesome motor for the S30, I cant wait to drive mine.

Good luck with everything feel free to PM me with any questions Ill do what I can to help!