HybridZ

Cobb Nissan GT-R vs Techart 997 GT Street WSIR

EMWHYR0HEN

• Administrators

WOW! GT-R was 7 seconds faster around Willow?!?!? Tires on the Porsche weren’t hooking up and the car was all over the place. 7 seconds per lap is a HUGE time difference that might be the difference between full on race tires vs ho-hum street tires, but both of these “tuner” cars should’ve been shod with comparable tires, at best.

Anyone have posted times for the stock 997 and stock GT-R around Willow?

haha I love when they're giving the tech specs, and the gtr shows in at 99k and the porsche at 260k, nearly 3 times more. Then goes off and runs 7 seconds quicker. But I wonder just how different the tires were on the two cars. I really don't think they'd try to use less than Ideal tires, but who knows

The handling on the Porsche was screwed up. At the last WSIR Speedventures event I attended a box stock Porsche 997GT3 on street tires was turning easy 1:32s with a good shoe driving.

So spend more money and go slower, not the first time thats happened :)

Looking at the vid the driver and the steering wheel, he obviously had an easier time driving the gtr. In the drag race the GT3 got the jump and the GTR still ate it's lunch.

From everything around it seems clear that the R35 is much esier to drive near its limits, Porsche on the other hand takes a pro to get the best out of it. The number of crashed wannabe hero Porsches I have seen.............:rolleyes: