HybridZ

My 260Z project (No 56K)

g9m3c

I've also made a final decision on the 4 barrel swap, and it's a yes. :wink: I bought a few things at work tonight for it.

Braided stainless throttle cable kit

holley1.jpg

I also got a couple sections of 5/16" metal fuel line and a double flaring tool. I'm going to move the fuel pump from under the hood to back by the tank, and I'll have to redo a lot of my fuel lines to do that. I'm probably going to order my carb either tomorrow or Monday. It lists for $356.95 at Summit, and I can get it for $315 with tax from work (Advance Auto Parts). It's the Holley #0-8007. 390cfm, electric choke, vaccum secondaries, model 4160. I'll probably be ordering the Arizona Z Car intake sometime next week; just depends on when I get my tax check back. :D

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What lights have you got behind your instruments?

My gauge lights are original. The longer exposure of that shot make them seem brighter than they really are. MSA sells a set of higher wattage bulbs to replace the factory ones. I'll probably end up getting those one day.

Alright, I got my fuel pump remounted back by the tank and got it plumbed up. I just have to wire up the hot wire for it, and it'll be done.

holley2.jpg

Yea, I ran out of the good hose clamps. :lmao:

holley3.jpg

I possibly might be getting a Bob Sharp intake from Shawn (Daeron) within the next week or so, and I'll be ordering my carb soon as well. (Still waiting on my tax check, go figure.)

• 8 months later...
Any updates?

Ah yes, my build thread. LOL

Well, a lot has changed. I ended up going with ZTherapy carbs. That's a decision I don't regret a bit. I drive my car daily now without a single issue. I had a thread on the new air cleaners that I'm building for them, if you might remember. I've only finished one of those, though. I need to get on that......

Anyway, in other news, I replaced the old and shot mustache bar bushings with new polyurethane ones. I also cleaned and painted some suspension pieces while I was at it.

mustache10.jpg

mustache9.jpg

I also had a 6 month old water pump with 300 miles on it blow a front seal.

DSC00369.jpg

......replaced that and painted the pulley

DSC00371.jpg

I modified my rear bumper, as well. I took all of the rubber pieces off of it, compressed the shocks, and re-welded them in place.

Before:

bump1.jpg

After:

bump3.jpg

That pretty much gets us up to date.

Here's a few new pics of the car that I took with my XSi DSLR (that means better pics from now on :rockon:)

ed3.jpg

ed2.jpg

ed1.jpg