HybridZ

Intake mouth ported for 60mm TB

zbigtim

I just completed the porting of my intake for the 240sx 60mm TB. Thought I would share some pictures. I'm not sure where I found this web site, but it has a good write up on how to go about the porting.

http://www.graytechsoftware.com/garage/tbs_inst_port.asp

I used a rotary file

DSCN0084.jpg

Used the 240SX TB Gasket to mark the area

DSCN0073.jpg

DSCN0074.jpg

Here I'm about half way

DSCN0077.jpg

DSCN0080.jpg

Comparison of before and after

DSCN0088.jpg

I still need to work on the throttle linkage. Need to shorten and re-thread the throttle shaft.

DSCN0092.jpg

Thanks for looking...

Tim.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I haven't ported mine yet, just bolted on the sx throttle body. I think the harsh flow is causing a surge at low speed light throttle.

I believe I am having the same surge that you are having. While under a load at low speed you will get a really lopey idle or something like that? I have just thrown on the tb without porting. I am holding off on it until I do my motor swap with my other intake manifold.

That is true, I just haven't had the time recently and even if there is a rough opening, I have still noticed increased throttle response. My stock 50mm was in pretty rough shape.

Thats probably cause 1/4 throttle now is like 1/2 throttle before... not exactly those numbers but you get the point.

:wink: Extra points for the plywood TB spacer!

Thanks cygnusx1, I can appreciate the jab!:)

I think if I were to shorten and rethread the throttle shaft, the linkage would be in better mechanical alignment. And yes I want to replace the ball joints because of looks.