HybridZ

Does anybody else stay up untill 1 am on HybridZ?

S130Z

It's tall. When you see it in person, especially driving in from afar, it gets even more impressive.

Taipei 101 is hard to grasp because you can't really see it from afar like you can driving into Dubai across the desert.

I was more impressed with the indoor skiing area, personally. In August, to be able to go into a place so big that has an artifical winter environment is really mind-boggling. To even grasp it, I'd say you would almost have to be in the region in August to appreciate it. 46C and 100% relative humidity are only numbers on a page. It takes some doing to make flash-condensation on your own body when you walk from an air conditioned building...

I am actually looking forward to returning to that area to check out some more of the CE projects that are ongoing.

As far as 'our money' building it, that's a bit of an overstatement. If you know the history of the area and how the place came into being... They (the Ruling Emirates) seem to be using what money comes into the country in a way to genuinely take custodial care of the subjects / workers / expats that are there doing the work. The standard of living is very high, and to have seen it even 20 years ago you would never have believed it.

I had friends that worked these same places in the 70's and the stories they tell are almost beyond belief. It has come a long way in a very short period of time. I would say it's a model of how a government should develop it's resources for the benefit of it's people given their rate of development at the time! You don't see a lot of 'disenfranchised' UAE Natives...

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Taipei 101 had the bottom floors and shopping plaza open for business/occupation well before the tower was totally completed.

I didn't get to go close enough to it to see if the bottom floors were open, but I would assume so, it only makes sense.

That Skyscraper is insaaaaaaaaane.

To think, the money that has been funded to do that, perhaps they could turned the 350z into something successful *ducks and dodges the hellfire*

Kidding. I love the 350.

But yes, I stay up to Endless hours of the morning researching and getting ideas and schemetics from other HybridZ'ers, this place truly is an endless archive of knowledge.

Guest ratsun516

Hey there guys,

and gals,

I thought I might toss out a link to my webb page for you late night Z people. I have been a member here for some time, I have just not been around all that much lately. I used to have a different Log on, but I have since forgot it and the password. I am one of those that used to bury myself in the forums until weee hours of the morning. For me it got to the point I hardly got anything else done. As for like most I would guess, the winter months make my outside activities slow way down. So, I have put together a little web page that kind of wraps up the many years I have been messing with Hybrid Z's. I am a pretty hard core V8 dude. Big Block V8 dude that is. However, I am seeing as of late, all of these smaller cubic inch combinations just Flying! Its hard not to just regroup and join them with fuel prices and all. Although I don't know what I would do if I didn't need to use a cherry picker to install a head.:hs:

Any way here's the link

http://www.ratzun.com

Brad Barkley

It takes some doing to make flash-condensation on your own body when you walk from an air conditioned building...

Part of me wishes I didn't have to imagine. Sunglasses fog over INSTANTLY when stepping outside(and just from a normal building with AC), and if you don't have them on before exiting, you'll wish you did.

No desire to return anytime soon.

...and I'm almost always up past 2 am.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, it's 12:10 so technically it's not 1AM, but I'm still here.

First time I've brought the Laptop home in a while.

My excuse is I may have to fly to Kuwait either tomorrow or Saturday so this is what I consider 'pre-lagging' so I'm awake when I land and don't go through the normal lag.

Whenever possible, Hybrid Z is my preferred Pre-Lag Travel Aid.

They should advertise themselves as such!:P

My excuse is I may have to fly to Kuwait either tomorrow or Saturday so this is what I consider 'pre-lagging' so I'm awake when I land and don't go through the normal lag.

Sick minds think alike! I'll usually sleep-deprive myself before a long trip and bring some sleep aids as well. Once we're in the air, I'm out until it's time to land. I managed a week long trip to UAE and a bunch of other places that way and stayed in pretty good shape.