HybridZ

Electric datsun running 11.9 in the 1/4

auxilary

That's impressive, takes great engineering skill and is plain old faster than anything I own.

The part I don't get is how they claim it doesn't generate pollution. Okay, maybe the car itself isn't generating pollution, but unless you're buying your electricity from wind farms, coal is being burned somewhere to make the watts you're pumping into your electric car.

Okay, I'll get off my little soapbox now.

That's impressive, takes great engineering skill and is plain old faster than anything I own.

The part I don't get is how they claim it doesn't generate pollution. Okay, maybe the car itself isn't generating pollution, but unless you're buying your electricity from wind farms, coal is being burned somewhere to make the watts you're pumping into your electric car.

Not to induce further soap box banter, but don't forget the battery production costs.

That was awesome! I've shunned the idea of electric performance cars until now. Wonder how long a charge lasts? I do miss the growl an internal combustion motor, but I could get used to it with hole shots like that!

Interesting how the total impact of "green" energy isn't talked about much in the media.

Yeah, but none really talks about the pollution that is made pumping and refining the oil either. Def. the way to go. If it wasn't 11 below here I might think about it.

I want one because, if I build primarily for efficiency, I can drive 1000 (one thousand) miles on $17 worth of San Antonio electricity. Plus, motor and driveling (no transmission or clutch) upkeep is practically nill. Then there is, of course, all that torque to play with.

Alas... I don't have the $15-20K to pay someone to restore and convert the 260 sitting in my driveway.