HybridZ

Question about quick release hub: new: New seat insalled.

EMWHYR0HEN

I installed a new driver seat and I've run into some issues.

The seat has really hig lumbar support which makes it ALOT harder to get in/out of the car esp. because there is very little space for my legs to fit between the steering wheel and seat.

I'm currently running a momo hub and momo wheel and i'm happy with my steering wheel position. The thinnest quick release ive seen is the NRG one which is 1.25'' thick. I'm just wondering if anyone here is usng this hub and if there is a noticeable difference or if there is any other quick release hub that I can bolt directly onto the S30 shaft.

Untitled-11.jpg

The quick releases I've seen must have a hub to bolt to. The upside is that I didn't think the extra spacing was a downside, though I sit all the way back in the car b/c of my height.

Ebay has some cheapie ones that are just as thin as the NRG you mention, but I don't think they're worth it. The horn button assembly broke on mine after taking the wheel off 5 or 6 times. It also doesn't clamp down tight, so the wheel wiggles a bit. Not a big deal, but annoying. I'd suggest trying the NRG. If the distance is an issue, you can get the NRG short hub as well, and end up with them adding up to the total distance of a normal Momo hub.

i have a works short hub and an nrg quick release on my honda and it moved the wheel closer about two inches than without the quick release. i say its better to have the wheel close to you. imo, it makes me feel more connected to the car when driving quickly. unless u wanna ride like a "G"

Johnc's advice is the most practical in this situation. Cut the shaft to fit and get a quality quick release. The better ones cost more but have splines on the shaft unlike the 5 or 6 sided ones that allow the wheel to shake. Sparco makes the best one I've seen but their not giving it away.

If you need to cut the outer housing, I've used a large pipe cutter to shorten it a bit. Also, don't cut the splines, cut in the center of the shaft.

Thanks for passing along your wisdom and experience to those of us who are somewhat capable of carrying this out, but lacking the specific knowledge beforehand :D "A little knowledge is a dangerous thing." That makes me the Marquis de Saade.

Davy