HybridZ

My 82 280ZX N/A Won't rev abov 4000 RPM's

borini63

Hi Guys ...My 82 280ZX non turbo won't go above 4000 rpm's and I searched and all I can find only turbos Crank Angle Sensor if they go bad then you will not go above 4000rpm...and I can't find any thing about the non turbo models.....

Do I have a CAS in my distrubeter or what shall I look for?

Thank You

TO dry your TPS, take it out, and use a heat gun, or hair dryer to dry it out. then re install, and it should work.

The water creates unwanted contacts, thus sending bad signals to the ECS - making the car think it's revving higher than it is (and enabling the throttle cut off).

I just replaced the TPS(the old one was socked with oil) retime the timing(8)....We just replaced the head gasket and we double checked every thing.

Same thing hapening...while driving won't riv above 4000 but without driving will go past 4000 I ment when I hit the gas pedal will go to the yellow line...but no luck while driving.

Where else should I look!

Thaks

thanks mike! Im not really a stranger to z's my s30 and I are good friends, i lurk allot on the site, and im on almost every day, but zx's are a different story lol.

Guys help! lol. Ne ideas whats going on if you have oil bubbling at the intake manifold, the car misses and blows smoke like a frieght train,

I have read the efi bible and the a million threads, Im currently looking at vaccum leaks, fuel filter and etc. I think its fuel related bc if you get the rpms above 3,000 it really takes off like normal but it almost never climbs above 3,000. Im going to clean that tps but i dont think thats the only problem. ugghh gotta love the z.

Ill post this some where else as to not steal your thread bro, but any adivce would be much appreciated.

I would definitely check/replace the ignition coil, I replaced my stocker with a MSD Blaster 3 coil, and it solved my problem (which was very similar to yours ;) )

I have MSD plast 2 allready in the car with the Firball Hi 6 Crane and it tuned good, and I started to have this problem after a head gasket job....

I will check my MSD ignition coil and Will replace if I have to......

I will keep you updated.

P1010293.jpg

P1010298.jpg

P1010299.jpg

Let me till you..it was a lot of fun!!

It was a #5 ...go figer.

eh?

i was talking about thunder39's heavy white smoke

but year, not looking foreward on doing a headgasket on my daily driver, of course it would be easier if my daily driver wasnt a 79 280zx....one of the funky early ones with some werido factory leftover parts.