HybridZ

Nissan Announces New GT-R SpecV Model

Kman Art

I was sort of joking about the standard R35 being too cheap Tony, hence the :D But the R&D on it would have been very high and obviously that money has to be recouped somehow so actual production costs are only part of the story.

There does seem to be this perception thats its only a Nissan though so it should be priced accordingly, which seems to ignore the actual performance aspect. It would be interesting to look at the production costs of a few Euro high performance cars and compare them, my bet is the R35 would turn out to be cheap by comparison considering its performance.

"I have people, in places, who know things!"

LOL

That, aside from the fact that I have the original production floor inspection drawings for the pressure-cast 2001 Skyline wheels sitting in my stash of stuff. I snagged them while working at the place and recognizing the wheels as they were passing me coming out of the powder coater oven. Some's firsthand, somes from trusted sources. I don't think the procedure has changed in only 15 or so years. In fact, it's probably gotten worse since they have boondoggled on a couple that showed where enthusiasts loved the car, but they missed their mark in the target marketing. "Oops!"