HybridZ

WTB: Any S30 rolling chassis

iBang

Looking for an inexpensive shell as a home for my RB25. Looking to spend less than $1000 and would love it to be around $500 however if the condition warrants the price I will consider more. Car does not need to have and engine or transmission of course. Interior and bumpers are also not needed as they will be replaced anyway. Would prefer a 280Z however any 2 seat S30 chassis will be considered. I do not want a 2x2. I am willing to deal with some rust if it keeps the cost down however no rusted out hulks please.

I would like to drive 6 hours or less however any really good deals within a days drive will be considered.

Thanks everyone.

There are third party vendors that will take your "bid" to buy delivery. They add a fee and advertise the job. I paid $400 in 2006 to have a Z delivered from mid NM to south TX. Be sure you hire a bonded/insured driver and thoroughly inspect on delivery. The trucker bent my frame rails and floor pans. I was too ignorant to know what to look for so he got by with it. Oh... and patience is a must for both buyer and seller. The process may take a few weeks. Be sure you have a signed agreement from the seller to hold the vehicle in safe storage with full insurance to be paid to you in case of damage or theft while still in their possession. Umm... that's about it, I think...

I've got a 77 280Z with the only rust being a small hole in the pass. floor pan. It has a pantera hatch, molded rear fender flares for wide wheels, BRE style spoiler, JDM fender mirrors, Sparco steering wheel, crossdrilled rotors, and probably some other things. I'm asking $1000 as it sits (roller like you want) or $800 w/o the hatch or fender mirrors.

I've got a extra '74 custom IMSA shell in N. Austin, frame is good, some rust on panels...easily made beautiful again, but your price is too low.

How too low are we talking here? Pics, price, info? Anything in Austin is worth more to me since I don't have to go anywhere far to get it.

EDIT: Is the the yellow one on craigslist?

I just sold a really nice almost completely rust-free early '74 rolling shell... no motor or tranny or interior... but w/ R200, mustache bar, half shafts, and drive shaft... plus very nice unbroken center console and a very decent dash with guages... plus two extra wheels (total six). Add a FG cowl hood needing minor repair and a custom-made rear cross bar all for a grand total of...

...$650 picked up to someone just north of me in Texas.

Sold it, ZZZeee? You really mean is that you unloaded it, you obviously HAD to part with it, ie give it away. In my experiences, you will never accumulate any wealth if you give everything away. ZZZeee, I assume that you are a young man, I have owned this Z since 1983, it is my first car and not a wreck yet. Im not gonna give it away just because you gave yours away for any number of reasons, do you have a car to sell him or not...no, then please dont piss in the punch....eh??? PS about San Antonio, and no offense intended to ZZZeee, Hank Hill said it best "what kind of person would live in SA?" Get out of there while you are young, there are no oppurtunities there, it is a dead tourist driven town with one less USAF base then it had when I lived there. People know to come and steal cars from you, dont you see? I was born and raised there and got the heck out as soon as I got my BA from UTSA. 1984 OW Holmes grad. Run to Austin or Dallas or even Houston, ZZZeee run ZZZeee RUUNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just trying to help. About my roller, it is stripped and rolls and on Craigslist, I built the body from four flares and a tail in the late '80s and repainted it in my garage in the late 90's. It sat under a tarp since then (drove my third gen RX7 since then, that is for sell also).....now I am ready to unload it, give it away ZZZeee style for about $2.5K......wealth is for fat old bald men anyway....ZZZeee may be correct....I want to live dammit...LIVE!!! Shoot some questions or better yet come by for a visit to see it?? Sorry about my typing skills...I learned typing in school...thats typing with paper... compounded with the distraction of a beautiful young lady sitting across the aisle from me!

Well, I have to say I feel a l'il bit biatch-slapped but I'm okay now.:D No offense taken, BTW.:icon14:

I don't intend to pee in anyone's punch but I doubt anyone is going to pay more than a few hundred dollars for an empty shell that needs work. If it was taken to bare metal on a rotisserie, thoroughly repaired, freshly epoxy primed, reassembled and most of the prep work done then I'd say it's worth a small fortune to the right buyer "IF" it's photo documented.

I didn't "have to sell" the 260 shell. I just didn't want to see it rot in the driveway. I didn't "unload it" either. I sold it to an eager buyer who says he's going to completely restore it rotisserie style.

Anyway... that's my story and I'm sticking to it.:cool:

Its here in dallas tx. Guy before me used it for parts so its missing the front end and doors, But i have front end &doors on other car that id throw in to make complete. I have the title and have just about all the parts to make it work (lights etc) but they would be coming from my project so the price complete would be about 1k but it would have everything needed....email me at Jeffdahot1 @ hotmail.com as logging onto here is a P.I.T.A. everytime i try (takes forever and times out) but i have plenty of pics i can send and im pretty close to you thanks -jeff

I sold my complete empty rolling chassis (nearly rust-free) without bumpers, grill, or interior parts except center console, and with crappy inner door panels, and a good dash... for $500 to a guy just north from me. It went with an R200 w/ half shafts and a drive shaft.

I've got a 77 280Z with the only rust being a small hole in the pass. floor pan. It has a pantera hatch, molded rear fender flares for wide wheels, BRE style spoiler, JDM fender mirrors, Sparco steering wheel, crossdrilled rotors, and probably some other things. I'm asking $1000 as it sits (roller like you want) or $800 w/o the hatch or fender mirrors.

pics?

It may come to my selling my '77 soon. No engine or tranny. Refurbished fuel tank. Body is in fantastic shape. Decent newish paint job. Turbo swastika wheels with very new tires. New front toyota calipers and rear discs. Sat for 10 years and it was a California car, but now it's an Austin, TX car sitting in my garage. Haven't decided on a price because I'm selling a bunch of other stuff first. $2k might be the right amount. It was to be my 2JZ project but I've had no job for 3 months and we're running out of money.

I noticed you're selling a G20. I'm trying to sell another car but I might be interested in a trade...MAYBE.

Thanks for the offer but thats a little more than I want to pay for a rolling shell. I really don't want to pay too much for a really nice paint job and work like that when I plan on redoing it anyway. I also need to get the money out of my G20 to help pay for my shop and Z, so I can't really afford to trade it for a roller.