HybridZ

I actually want a Hyundai!!

srbigbutt

I went to the car show here in Houston this weekend and was extremely impressed with the Hyundai Genesis Coupe! Its a 306HP RWD Coupe that looks a lot like a G37 that will probably sell for around $25k.

Here is a cool pic of a nice black on black one that is a little fixed up.

DSC_8341.JPG

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard that the base model (2.0T) will be starting in the 20k range. If so that seems like a great price on what could be a great car. Cars don't need 300hp to be fun. I have been driving around a 318is it is no power house but it is a blast to drive.

Many people in the z community have been saying that the market was clamoring for a small light RWD coupe with a 4 cylinder turbo motor in the 20k range. Seems like this car could definitely lose a few pounds though, weighs in at around 3500lbs.

I think that this car kind of parallels the 240z introduction quite well. At the time of the 240z intro many people still only recognized Datsun as a cheap economy brand. Seems like this is almost an identical situation. Debadge that black one above and drive it around, no one will guess it is a Hyundai.

I can easily see myself picking one of these up second hand in a couple of years.

I nearly bought a 350z a year ago, but the dealership sold my car that I ordered before I got there!! So I was pissed and eventually decided to get a 280z. Now the 370z looks pretty ugly, the G37 doesn't look as good as the G35 and its way to much. This looks like it would be a good alternative. Now I just have to convice the wife that I need another car!!:D

• 3 weeks later...