HybridZ

Unnatural Aspiration part 3

stony

Thinking about going 2jz.... what does everyone think a good price for a 750+hp rb would be?

Would be complete turnkey minus intercooler, electronics, engine harness, and trans... but would include the ati power glide swap stuff (converter, and midplate.)

Not sure if you can call it progress but….

Removed the converter for one last attempt at a stall. Going balls to the wall with a 7+K stall and see if that helps with getting the turbo to spool. 

download2_zps2a4835b1.jpg

Have lots of wiring cleaning up to do here. 

Also removed ATI damper to get timing marks laser cut. Yea the old ones didn’t come with timing marks WTF???

Also redid the install on the NOS solenoids and nozzle and installed them under the manifold so I don’t have that huge mess on top. Its all underneath now!!

download4_zps2a7c85f6.jpg

download5_zps5e883768.jpg

Before

2012-11-17001712.jpg

After

download_zps844810df.jpg

Also redid some wiring behind the dash so removing the dash doesn’t involve snipping wires. 

download3_zpse2cc47c6.jpg

Why not??? 

Got lots of support local for parts... 

at any rate I do not think anyone will even come close to what i think i should get for the setup anyways. 

Seems like alot of work, for what? just want a better motor?

What intake manifold are you running?

• 3 weeks later...

Not selling anymore ;> Had a wild hair about doing a 1uz. IM OVER IT NOW ;> 

At any rate Yea... 18 psi will be 30-35

timing is very VERY safe. we plan on getting aggressive now that we are running E85. 

will need to add another fuel pump and 2000cc injectors soon. 

Not selling anymore ;> Had a wild hair about doing a 1uz. IM OVER IT NOW ;> 

At any rate Yea... 18 psi will be 30-35

timing is very VERY safe. we plan on getting aggressive now that we are running E85. 

will need to add another fuel pump and 2000cc injectors soon. 

SO was that dyno on pump gas? If so that is very impressive, right choice going with the E85 fuel.

You should get rid of that old school greddy turbo and get a new billet 6768 or something of the like.. or a billet upgrade to what you already have

I second this ^^^^^^^ Turbo technology has come a long way, especially in the last 5 yrs take advantage of that and don't be afraid to go bigger there are tons of 4 cylinders running 72mm turbos. with your transmission you should have no problem keeping a turbo that size in it's sweet spot(In terms of engine rpm). if you plan on spraying it off the line anyway that should help spool it up on the bottom end plus an anti-lag system via your ecu.

• 4 weeks later...

Not really. Damper is installed and I dropped the tranny off to get freshened up and fix a leak. Hoping to have it back next week then its on like donkey konG!!!!

Oh wait i did install the nitrous fogger in a different location with a bung and a new intake pipe vs the hokie fitting that came with the kit. 

fogger_zpseb9531e2.jpg