HybridZ

Unnatural Aspiration part 3

stony

I found some before pics from 10+ years ago of what the red (now orage) Z used to look like before surgery.

The first year it was in alaska after initial building it in japan.

00_00025.JPG

00_00027.JPG

Here is what it looked like when i bought 15 years ago.

clintsZ-1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Who hoo I'm home. Stuck my head in the trailer to check out the z and it was still there ;> still too cold out to pull it out. well not really just not warm enough to get motivated enough to get it out ;>

Welcome home, Stony. Glad you made it back safe, and thank you for your Service.

The red car is looking BAAAADD! 9 years is a long time....can't wait to see that monster run!

Good luck at the strip.

Thru some water and gas in the Z today and to my surprise, it fired right up. The only issue i had was a small trans pan leak ( I have been putting off) leaked all the trans fluid out on to the trailer floor :(.

Put a Qt in and backed it out of the trailer into the garage. :D. Now i just have to look it over and make a to-do list. One of the top things is to get it tuned. Its running VERRYYYYY rich right now because of the altitude. My eyes were burning after 20 seconds!!!

• 1 month later...

Ok got the gauges installed, wide band and boost controller working. Still need to install the oil pressure and temp sensors. Need a drill and tap, and some motivation. Also need to install the trans temp sensor and all gauges will be done.

Trans needs to come out so i can fix a pan leak and clean it up. Then i need to finish up the nitrous kit wiring and clean up the rest of the wiring. The list is getting smaller!!!!

th_video-2012-05-11-14-31-25.jpg

Sounds sucks on this one so beware !!!!

th_video-2012-05-11-14-26-31.jpg

SPent all day cleaning up wiring and rerouting stuff that was temp installed. Looking better still needs some work though. just so many wires.

2012-05-15211223.jpg

2012-05-15211414.jpg

Sent the converter off to be restalled today. Hope to get it really close this time ;> Might need to use Nitrous anymore.

Edited by stony

The ignitor is actually going bad. When it gets hot it drops a cylinder. Putting it back there keeps it cool and i haven't had a problem with it since. one of these days need to get another one. Running splitfire coils.

On a side note anyone running the tach pickup for rpm signal in this link?

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/MSD-8918/

looks pretty straight forward and simple.

Also see second link. its a GPS sender for autometers electronic speedo!!!

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ATM-5289/