HybridZ

Ordering CCWs Soon

As some of you guys may know I am rebuilding my V8 Z into a "new" chassis. So I order the super wide ZGs from Justin (280zForce). Here are my specs I am thinking of running and tell me what you guys think.

Front:

17x9.5 with -13 offset This should be good for 4.7" of backspace.

Rear:

17x11 with -19 offset This should be good for 5.25" of backspace.

I am running ground control coil over setups with AZ rear brakes and adj control arms front/rear. I believe I shouldn't have any problems with full lock of the front wheels with rubbing the frame rails...thanks to double checking some numbers with Justin and Mike (ZGAD).

I am going with a polished lip and black centers......tell me what you guys think! Thanks. :)

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 280ZForce

After double, triple checking, you should be pretty good it seems with those specs.

You lucky b*stard, I'm personally delivering you a set of cf bamf zg flares :ass:

hehe, all good you're letting me crash at your place and I get to hang out with some other HBZ guys. But hopefully it's not too cold to start installing the flares while I'm there. Can't wait to see how they look :burnout:

I think the black on polished will look great! What color is you Z going to be?

I can't believe I can't call out the specs on my CCW's. I do know that they do slightly touch the inside front on the front tires at full lock. I should have gotten my front rims to stick out a touch further. That would have made the ZG's look better on my car, and solve the inside tire contact.

When I ordered mine, I let Mike (ON3GO) and John (@ CCW) tell me what I needed to order, spec wise.... oh well, I guess a 1/2 spacer would kick my fronts out to match the ZG's...

Anyways, glad to hear your getting a set too!! :cheers:

Guest 280ZForce
I can't believe I can't call out the specs on my CCW's.

It's easy to figure out, if you know the width of your wheels, then just measure from the back of the wheel hub to the back edge of the wheel. That'll give you the backspace and with that you can figure out for offset as well.

I think the black on polished will look great! What color is you Z going to be?

I can't believe I can't call out the specs on my CCW's. I do know that they do slightly touch the inside front on the front tires at full lock. I should have gotten my front rims to stick out a touch further. That would have made the ZG's look better on my car, and solve the inside tire contact.

When I ordered mine, I let Mike (ON3GO) and John (@ CCW) tell me what I needed to order, spec wise.... oh well, I guess a 1/2 spacer would kick my fronts out to match the ZG's...

Anyways, glad to hear your getting a set too!! :cheers:

Well.......red! :icon54:

I am going for the red n black combo with this Z. I always wanted the CCWs and figured this is the time to do it. I will check my specs again and order within the week.

What?! You're ruining a series 1?! Come on man say it ain't so! Surely you'd want to keepit completely stock as these cars are getting more scarce by the minute!

And before I get "scolded", yes, it's a joke.

Joe

LOL, well the red car was the "Bob Sharp" car and was worth lots of MONEY.... now you wanna talk about ruining a car.....that 70 car I have tisk tisk. lmao

Ok, so I spoke to John today and.... ordered today!!!!!!!!! Should be here in two weeks! Anodized black centers and polished lips.

17 x 9.5 -13 fronts

17 x 11.5 -19 rears

we changed the rear to get a little more tire under the car and bump the backspace up to 5.5". I think I will run 255/40 fronts and 315/35 rears....we shall see!

Ok, so I spoke to John today and.... ordered today!!!!!!!!! Should be here in two weeks! Anodized black centers and polished lips.

17 x 9.5 -13 fronts

17 x 11.5 -19 rears

we changed the rear to get a little more tire under the car and bump the backspace up to 5.5". I think I will run 255/40 fronts and 315/35 rears....we shall see!

WOW that is going to be a HUGE Lip in the rear!!:shock:

If you don'tmind me asking, how much are these going to be running you? If you don't want to make it public, you can PM me :)

Guest 280ZForce
^^^^ what tires are you running with your ccw's??

well i got my tires for like 50% off so I went with BFG g-force t/a kd. 275/40 in front & 315/35 in back.

once I actually put these to use, then I think I'll be switching to Toyo R888

Welcome to the CCW club Clive!!

Can't wait to see some pics with the CF ZG's ... :2thumbs:

Thank you for taking the time out to answer my questions! I can't wait to get em here and Justin should be here Monday with the flares. Now just to get the drive train switched over! :mrgreen:

So there might be a another change coming with the rear wheel. I am waiting for John to get back to me but Justin (280zforce) thought my -19 offset at 11.5 wide wheel may be a tad to big. With that offset I was going with a 5.5 bs but I know Mike (z-gad) has a 11.5 wide with -6 offset and a 6 inch bs. That seems like ALOT but Mike says he has plenty of room. Soooooo I may go with that backspace to be "safe" or I can just knock the wheel size down to 11 wide. Hmm......don't want to rush because I really want them =P

Ok, I am going with:

17x11 with -13 offset 5.5 inch back space

JustinOlson- The ttt setup does not change the offset of the rear on our Zs. I called ttt to make sure that was true when it was stated in a thread.

Evildky- Those are some huge wheels you are running! What flares are you using?

FYI, you have 17x9 with 4.75 backspace fronts and 17x10.5 with 5.5 backspace rears. I was doing a search over the weekend and found your specs :cool: Can't wait to get em!

FYI, you have 17x9 with 4.75 backspace fronts and 17x10.5 with 5.5 backspace rears. I was doing a search over the weekend and found your specs :cool: Can't wait to get em!

Ahh.. thanks! I just received a response back from John @CCW, answering a question I asked him about getting my lips changed to the brushed black anodized.

I think I'm going to go for it. I just need to break down the wheels and send him the shells....

If they would have had that option back when I bought mine, I wouldn't be having to do this now. I think all black will look hot on my Z :icon54: