HybridZ

Started my mold

MastersMechanic

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I put my first layer of filler over everything, I am using my brothers advise and using spackle mud. It sands fast be easy to remove after I am done with the template, but is slow drying. here are some pics.

Looks like the front end of the new Dodge Challenger imo. :D

That reminded me of this one I saw on classiczcars.com a few years back.

(yeah its just a photoshop, not a real car).

To me, that photoshopped Z looks like a c110 Skyline.

BTW Master Mechanic, your front end looks amazing. :mrgreen:

I'm thinking to the wind, it looks like the side of a brick.

The 240Z is a brick to the wind...I doubt this will hurt the aerodynamics much :roll:

Besides, it's nothing that a little HP can't compensate for anyway :D

Davy

What makes it a good "drift" front end?

i think it would just look awesome, its kinda like doing a s13 front end swap, its just drifter style to me, idk, im a stupid kid haha, i think lots of stupid things

That reminded me of this one I saw on classiczcars.com a few years back.

(yeah its just a photoshop, not a real car).

Yes it's mine... it's just a cliped Skyline front end to a JDM S30. It was just a Photoshop quicky for the fun of it, but if you're going the full scale way... I want one!

Well I haven't worked on it alot, the spakle mud doesn't work very well I had to sand it off and start over with glazing putty But It is amazing how hard it is to perfect one side to be the same as the other.(time consuming)

anyway I am not making any to sell I will make two and if any one wants the mold (if it holds up) they can have it and make their own. Don't want to bother with any "It doesn't fit right" or "It broke During shipping problems", anyway sorry It is taking so long, my wife bought my bmw back for me and I have been spending sometime making it right :-)

Oh, and about the brick part, think of it as a 1850lbs brick with a 13.2:1 500+hp power plant, with a 200 horse nitrous backup. I think it will push the wind back. remember the highest speed limit I know of is 70 mph and I am a cop so you know i wouldn't exceed the speed limit by to much (hehehe)

Definately interesting and unique. Great work done so far... only one thing bugs me though. Are you going to transition the flat part on the bottom into the rest of the front? Like a little bit of a bevel, and maybe transition that flat part into the fender a tad too. Just suggestions and my 2 cents, lol.

Definately interesting and unique. Great work done so far... only one thing bugs me though. Are you going to transition the flat part on the bottom into the rest of the front? Like a little bit of a bevel, and maybe transition that flat part into the fender a tad too. Just suggestions and my 2 cents, lol.

Yep, I think, I just got to figure out how even tried to figure out how to put 02 wrx fog lights in

But It is amazing how hard it is to perfect one side to be the same as the other.(time consuming)

any art societies around your area? if you can find a sculpture artist around, they do that sort of making-things-look-good for a living and can probably have both sides identical working just by eye on a first pass than you can with hours of time and effort and a lot of measuring jigs...

Might be worth getting the side to side matching done by a pro sculpturist?