HybridZ

good VIDEO of z31 trans drive in my TURBO 280z

big-phil

btw how much was the adapter plate? because i am going to be putting a maxima trans in from a 82 max for the time being

$300 there is a member here that is also making and selling them if he gets enough people wanting one.

OUTSTANDING JOB!! That tight shifting would be sooo nice!

Is that a ZX, I thought you got rid of yours?

Is it the wife's?

yes thats the one I sold, the guy bought my mega squirt so I'm going to install it for him when my car is gone to the painter.

Its just, its so SMOOTH*crUNCH!*

classic :2thumbs:

Awesome video man, really cool swap and now its well documented. Your videos make a lot of connections for z-builders out there, keep them coming!

One thing this had me thinking... If one were to install a gearbox like this, and set the engine/trans combination back an inch or two.. do you think it would still fit and function within the stock shifter hole? Cutting the tunnel is one thing, but clearing the stock center console would be probably the more important thing in my eyes.... IF SO, I think we may have found a good spot for a cupholder to go (right in front of the shifter) :lol:

LOL

Great video, Phil. That sounds like an awesome upgrade. The car probably feels a lot faster since it's so much lighter :-), no doors, hatch, etc.

hey I never thought of that! Thats why when I was pulling back into my drive way I was kinda stunned that it was spinning 3rd so easy? I only ran that turbo about 2 weeks before the other trans bit the dust. Thats gotta be a few hundred pounds?

hey I never thought of that! Thats why when I was pulling back into my drive way I was kinda stunned that it was spinning 3rd so easy? I only ran that turbo about 2 weeks before the other trans bit the dust. Thats gotta be a few hundred pounds?

hood, 30 pounds? Doors, 30-40 pounds apiece? hatch, another 40? thats about a passenger's weight or so. You've got the bits off of your car, you tell US what they weigh :) The hoods and the hatches are all likely nearly identical, but I am sure the later doors were heavier than the early ones, so you would know best what the weight difference is.

Man you need atleast some 275 wide good drag radials. That will get rid of that spinning in second and third.

well don't tell anyone but I bought the Rota wheel group buy, 17x 9.5 with gunmetal center. Shhhhhhhh its a secret:shock: