HybridZ

how to modify wastegate stuff

Okay, I have a stock t3-60 from a '83 turbo and I have a few questions.

I'm going to try to run 12psi (with a BOV and FMIC) But how do I modify the wastegate so that it does this instead of the stock 7-8 psi? I've searched and read the wastegate posts but it seems that everybody already knows how to do this! I also have a non-egr N42 on so I THINK i dont have to worry about any pop-off valve issues. :( yeah i'm noob. I do have a "nub" thing on the tube coming out of the compressor side and to be honest I totally forgot what it's for XD but maybe its used in the wastegate process? Help me out here guys...Photo-0650-1.jpg

But how do I modify the wastegate so that it does this instead of the stock 7-8 psi?

It's called a BOOST CONTROLLER. Take your pick: Electronic or Manual.

I do have a "nub" thing on the tube coming out of the compressor side and to be honest I totally forgot what it's for XD but maybe its used in the wastegate process?

That goes to the back side of your air regulator (which is wide open in your pic).

EDIT: I also suggest using an L28ET throttle body so you don't have a massive vacuum leak. :D

Good eye Nismopick!

There is also another massive leak at the cold start injector port.

Is the input flange / barb to the idle air regulator bolted to the throttle body, or is unbolted from the intake manifold? I can't tell from the pic...

Okay wow thanks guys, but out of curiosity why do I have a vacuum leak if I don't use a L28et throttle body?

Hughdogz- first, your ZX-T is to DIE for Its the most B****n ZX i've seen!!! also, yeah the input flange is bolted to the throttle body. But, what do you mean I have a massive leak at my cold start port?? :( I didn't know I had so many leaks...

mike- thanks for that guide, and that ebay seller I think i'm going to pick one up from him, they look pretty nice!

Here's another picture of the TB area I took quite a while ago, but I haven't added anything or removed anything since.

Photo-0641.jpg

Hughdogz- first, your ZX-T is to DIE for Its the most B****n ZX i've seen!!!

Hey, thanks for the props thetremendoustim. But, I think there are a lot more badass ZX's than mine.

Take a look at JeffP, Bernardd, Warren, Rossman or Guy80LT1 just to name a few... I still have a long way to go to catch up to them (and I may never be able to do that, but I'll keep trying :mrgreen:)

Look up adjustable wastegate actuators. You can control boost with that instead of a boost controller; either electronic or "manual".

Look at the pic in this link. The rod is threaded on an adjustable unit:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/T3-T3-T4-Internal-Wastegate-w-Adjustable-Actuator-T04E_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp3286Q2em20Q2el1116QQhashZitem190072037952QQitemZ190072037952QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories