HybridZ

my introduction thread was locked???

1978_280z

I posted a thread the other day describing myself, car, and intentions. I got an E-mail (electronic mail) letting me know that I had a respond to my original thread, when I went to check my thread and I was shocked to find out that my thread was locked???? :hs: I was informed that I was in violation of rule 11, & 5..... I'm sorry that my spelling isn't 100%, I never realized how particular some gear heads could be about spelling, grammar, and punctuation...

If you have firefox i would recommend turning the spell check on, its saved me a couple of times, then just watch your punctuation and you shouldnt have any problems unless you start asking how to convert your l28 to turbo.

• Administrators

1978_280z ,

Welcome to HybridZ.

You are not in trouble with your first post. Having threads locked and tossed in the shed happens to a lot of us when we forget or haven’t read the rules. (Some of mine have been locked and tossed too...).:shock: So don’t take it personal, rule #12 address having thick skin. :wink:

As you now realize, this isn’t your typical bubba bonehead gear head car forum. These "gear heads" actually take high performance around here a bit more seriously than some other forums, in reality, we aren’t asking for much. No fighting, no biting, no punches below the belt, don’t be afraid to search, don't pee in Cozy Z Cole's front yard, title your threads based on thread content, and some basic sentence structure are just a few of the simple rules we have. We don’t expect college level grammar but when we see posts that aren’t even grade school level, we’ll lock and toss those threads. Here is a “getting started” thread, (at the top of the new members sub forum titled “READ ME FIRST! Please”);

http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=130442

As for your introduction post, http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread.php?t=147955 … many factors of that post were indicators to us that you had not read our rules and guidelines yet. You were just being reminded to read them.

1) Introduction threads belong in the “New Members” sub forum, not the technical V-8 sub forums.

2) Sentence structure? These two threads linked below will shed light on that portion. Something along the lines of “if you want professional information, ask in a professional manner!”;

Click ME for the lazy pinky rant. :wink:

Click ME for the HBZ "SHIFT" campaign.

3) This forum was established in early 2000 around the V-8 Z car conversion. As such, if one is contemplating such a swap, we feel the JTR manual is a must, we don’t people to use the forum as substitute for the JTR or a service/Haynes manual.

Welcome to HybridZ,

Paul

HybridZ staff

One other word of advice, grab yourself a pair of reading glasses or, if you are like me, you're gonna miss a lot of what Paul writes! He's fond of reducing the font on some of his sentences :)

Joe

• Administrators
One other word of advice, grab yourself a pair of reading glasses or, if you are like me, you're gonna miss a lot of what Paul writes! He's fond of reducing the font on some of his sentences :)

Joe

DOH! Sorry about that Joe. shy.gif I started doing that in an effort to reduce the amount of space my novels take up. I'll stop doing that.

Can you read me now! :lmao: