HybridZ

78 280z turbo

PR280z

CIMG9338.jpg More pics.
ON THE TOP LEFT CORNER I HAVE A( SK PERFORMANCE )WHAT IS IT AND ITS FUNCTION ? THE GAUGE IS NOT WORKING CAN ANYONE TELL ME IF I HAVE TO BUY THE GAUGE ONLY OR BUY THE WHOLE PART? ALSO ON THE WASTEGATE THERE ARE TWO OPENING ON THE TOP ONE SEEMS TO BE PLUGGED THE OTHER ON THE RIGHT IS PULLING AIR INTO THE WASTEGATE . IS THERE A HOSE THAT GOES THERE AND WHERE DOES IT LEAD TO? :hs: HELP ANYONE. THANKS.

If you are talking about the gauge on the red anodized part it is a fuel pressure gauge. You don't have to replace it but it can be purchased separately from the fuel pressure regulator.

One of the wastegate hoses runs to a boost source (intake manifold, turbo outlet, etc.) with a boost controller in between. The other hose is usually open to atmosphere. What kind of wastegate do you have? The hose to boost source should be on the side of the wastegate diaphragm that will cause the wastegate to open when boost pressure is applied. I hope that makes sense.

If you are talking about the gauge on the red anodized part it is a fuel pressure gauge. You don't have to replace it but it can be purchased separately from the fuel pressure regulator.

One of the wastegate hoses runs to a boost source (intake manifold, turbo outlet, etc.) with a boost controller in between. The other hose is usually open to atmosphere. What kind of wastegate do you have? The hose to boost source should be on the side of the wastegate diaphragm that will cause the wastegate to open when boost pressure is applied. I hope that makes sense.

The wastegate is from turbotronics (wastegate mark2) what can you tell me about it ?

People's optionons on Turbonetics wastegates are all over the map. I think they are OK some people think they suck. Tial is usually regarded as the best. Greddy are good too. Go to the Turbonetics website I believe they have a PDF you can download with instructions on how to hook them up.

• 4 weeks later...
CIMG1000.jpgCIMG1003.jpg You come to look at it ,how much would you spend on converting to a turbo setup ? 2-3000 maybe plus also with solid floors. I think it was a good deal. Its hard to find a solid z here in puerto rico . My 75z + 77z is still on towers in need of complete floor pans and i paided 1000.00 for the 77z with a blown head gasket. It sure feels good to drive a z once again . Its a head turner, 2 thumbs up every time i go out to hunt for prey. Just this past thursday im at the stop light and a 350z flies by me and honks the horn.You know thats an invetation you just cannot pass. I want after him and was on his tail for awhile 50,60,70, 80, 110 and still on his tail. The guy pulls off to exit the ramp with the (what the f--k) look on his face and gives me a thumps up. Hell that was fun! If it wasnt for that i wouldnt have known that i needed a complete new bushing kit. Anybody know of a good kit?

• 2 weeks later...

finally found someone who knows a little about turbos. he got the boost gauge hook up and we took it for a run to see what psi it was running. the person i brought the car from had told me it was at 12psi but the test run gave me a reading of 15psi on the boost gauge. what would be an estimate on the #`s (hp) ect... at that rate? the setup i have looks to be complete so i`ll be giving more attention to the front & rear suspension . thinking about ttt lca and new bushing kits to firm up the ride and make it stable. the brakes up front are toyota 4 piston, rear are zx disc . as of yesterday my new battery was dead, i need to buy a new alternator any suggestons on a good alternator . also thinking about putting a mesh grill to cover completely the front . does anybody have any pics of the whole front grill covered ? any ideas? about the interiors i`ll be going with the butterscotch/ginger set since thats what i have at this moment, i think it`s a good match with the light blue paint. what are your thoughts on that combo?CIMG1006.jpgCIMG1000.jpg

once i get the suspension done i`ll be taking it on a dyno, i know of 3 here in p.rico the nearest one about 1/2 hr drive. your right that would be a sure thing to do to actually see what i have. about the turbo i `ve been told its a t03/t04.

• 2 weeks later...

Just finished mocking up this aluminum spoiler. Would like to know your opinions, should i keep the lower rubber wing or go with the aluminum wing . Which one actually looks good? Help me decide. thanks.CIMG1284.jpgCIMG0998.jpgCIMG1288.jpgCIMG1003.jpgCIMG1286.jpg

small black spoiler looks much better.

From 60 to 100mph you would blow past that 350Z if you had about 300 wheel hp. Depending on what year the 350Z was, it would only have 240-255whp (SAE corrected) stock and they weight more than your car.

With the factory size turbo and the electronics you're running at 15psi you're probably right around the same hp level as a 350Z. I would have thought you could pass the other Z.