HybridZ

240z Possible Buy?

I have the chance to go take a look and possibly buy this 240z. He says it was a runner... and 90+% complete. It is only $250 and I see the potential. Let me know what you think and what you would do if it was you. Obviously there is rust spots but much appears to be surface besides the floor pans and a couple other spots as far as I can tell. Interior is rough but goods and bads.

Z cars 001_thumb.jpg

Z cars 002_thumb.jpg

Z cars 005_thumb.jpg

Z cars 006_thumb.jpg

^^^ What they said. Definitely get it. I swear I have more fun driving the sub $500 cars more then my nice Z. There something about driving a cheap, cheap car. Just puts a smile on my face for some reason.

^^^ What they said. Definitely get it. I swear I have more fun driving the sub $500 cars more then my nice Z. There something about driving a cheap, cheap car. Just puts a smile on my face for some reason.
No kidding! I got my Willys Jeep from my neighbor for a whopping $0.00, and with some money spent on a few brake parts and some other miscellaneous things, I have a running, driving, fully functional Willys for about $250. I love that thing. Not to mention the satisfaction of getting something I first wanted as a young child.

buy it!! Hell, for that price, even if you don't use it .. You can part it out and make money off of it! I wish i found a decent shell that complete at that price ....i'd throw it in storage until i could get to it.

agreed!!!

Edited by jbk240z
typo

Hopefully I will be taking a look on wednesday. Once I finally end up finding the right 240 for me I will be on the lookout for a Borg Warner T-5 and Chevy 350 if ya catch my drift. :icon54: All this anticipation for the last 9 months searching forums and for a car is really getting to me. lol. Hope to be on here in the members project forum soon:mparty:

Bought the car today and will get it next week. Body wise it needs new floorboards on both sides and a replacement on the rear hatch place that always rust out. He also has a parts car that I can grab anything for free besides engine and trans.:-P Edit: Might be purchasing it and put in storage while I am doing project. Also learned the 240z might have a 5 speed in there he was told but he never got to work on the project.

Thanks a lot. Researching on this forum for a long time, learning a lot, and seeing what quality work can get you really attracted me to these cars. Ever since I was little, I loved muscle cars and when I grew up I started to get into the import scene ( Thanks to all my buddies driving little fwd civics,integras, and even a crx). Thus, these JTR builds and actually a local v8 rx-7 really got me into looking at what I can do for my first car. The fact that I can rebuild a 35+ yr old car and make loads of power for less than a brand new hyundai or kia is pretty dang awesome. Not to mention the fact that a 240z is very unique and a headturner at the least. Anyways, enough about that. This project is actually going to be turned into my senior project so expect constant updates and pictures for all you readers like me.