HybridZ

Search Request from the members...

Mikelly

Almost three weeks ago I was at a traffic light stopped waiting for the green light, when I was hit by two vehicles and then a semi truck. My 2004 Dodge Cummins 3500 diesel was totalled...

I'm now on the hunt for a 2005-2007 SHORTBED QUAD CAB DIESEL 3/4 to 1 ton 4X4. I know this is an unusual request for this board, but I also know there are a number of guys here in a number of various businesses... Anyone with a lead on something like I'm looking for, please contact me... more of what I'm looking for:

POWER windows/locks/seats

Sliding rear window

Leather or cloth (no work truck vinyl)

NO BLACK PAINT (Open to other colors)

MUST BE DIESEL

MUST BE a GM OR DODGE.

I have ZERO interest in the Ford product.

Thanks!

Mike

dat74z@yahoo.com

Mike;

Pickings are pretty slim in my area, but you may find some options here if willing to travel:

http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=342

(hopefully it doesn't require a login)

I found my truck on there (2003 crewcab longbed dually DMAX) a couple years ago, picked it up with some healthy mileage for $16K

Like most forums, they have some drama, but shouldn't be too hard for you to weed through the trash.

Joe, I may be up there to test drive this truck tomorrow... I just drove a Chevy Duromax with a bunch of Banks mods, and I'm not sure it's not been abused to much...

Mike

Nice... in case that one doesn't work out here are some more.

http://easternshore.craigslist.org/cto/1164838306.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2005-Dodge-Ram-3500-SLT-Dually-Crew-Cab-Diesel-4x4-92K_W0QQitemZ360161102005QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item53db4648b5&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A317%7C240%3A1318

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Dodge-Ram-3500-Mega-4x4-AWD-6-7l-Diesel-Cummins-Dually_W0QQitemZ180364884393QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash=item29fe95b9a9&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A317%7C240%3A1318

You literally go right by my house if you go up RT 4 into Calvert County. PM me if you want to stop by en route?

Yea, that one didn't pan out... after 5 hours round trip driving, and extensive discussions on the phone before heading out, just to confirm the condition of the truck, I found a dent in the right front fender, the passenger front mirror cracked, and the drivers rear door double dented...

I didn't even bother to go inside and speak with anyone... Fortunately they didn't "see" us, so my wife and I just got back in the car and headed home... I asked her, just to get a baseline, if I was being "unreasonable" in my search for a CLEAN diesel truck for less than $30K... This is the 4th one I've shown up to "see" and "drive" that was not as "represented" in ad or phone conversation... I was pretty pissed that we drove 5 hours round trip for that... She was too... When the sales dude called on the cell phone to ask if I was lost, I politely thanked him for mis-representing the car, and told him to have a nice life.

So the search continues...

Mike

So I wanted to get something that was just like this:

2004DodgeCummins.jpg

I was looking at some 2500 series 3/4 ton trucks... Wasn't sure they would do what I needed to do without mods to the suspension/towing. So I finally opted for a 2006 3500 series truck. Pics show it cleaner than the exterior. The bed has some scratches on the outside. I may have it reshot, since a decent bodyshop just did the whole passenger side of my wife's bimmer for $1100.

Anyway, I got the truck out the door, taxes, tags, all fees, for $29,460. The new 6.7L trucks are having some issues with eating oil, so I was hesitant to buy a new truck, and I didn't want to get into another car payment. With this figure, I was able to just go out of pocket to close the gap between what the insurance paid for my other truck and this truck...

This truck makes 610 Ft. pounds of torque, up 60#ft. of torqe more than the 2004 model that was totalled... :2thumbs:

Bottom line is it's over and I've got what appears to be another very well appointed Dodge 3500 cummins diesel 4X4.

And it was 4 miles down the street from a regular stop of mine.

Mike

Joe, Avoid that dodge dealer at all cost man... They out and out lied to me on the phone. The "used car" manager was completely bogus.

All's well that ends well... This megacab 3500 rocks!

Mike