HybridZ

dual weber 32/36 DGV downdrafts verse SU carbs

Hi, wanted to know who has done the conversion and which is better performance wise? I have heard the dual SU seput is better than the dual dgv setup but would like some opinions here. I have a pair of dgv cabs and may consider the swap down the road.

I've run both. A well set up SU is much better, at least for drivability. I never put the car on a dyno. The biggest problem I had with the DGVs is that the accelerator pump nozzle is at the top of the carb. When you punch it, the engine has to wait longer for the gas to get through the carb and then make a 90deg turn. Because of his, I had a pronounced bog on rapid acceleration.

Sam

I say run whatever you are most confortable tuning, I know a guy with a stock L24 and stock su's putting 160hp to the wheel! and I've riddinn in a prepped autocross car running dgv's and that thing felt like a monster, it's all in the tuning, yso run what you are most confortabe tuning be it SU's DGV's DCOE's or even fuel injection, me I'm a megasquirt guy

I say run whatever you are most confortable tuning, I know a guy with a stock L24 and stock su's putting 160hp to the wheel! and I've riddinn in a prepped autocross car running dgv's and that thing felt like a monster, it's all in the tuning, yso run what you are most confortabe tuning be it SU's DGV's DCOE's or even fuel injection, me I'm a megasquirt guy

Hi Dave!!

I ran a custom intake with dual downdraft 32/36 on my L20b in a 620 truck. I liked the response, but not the fuel economy. :mrgreen:

Here is how it ran..

I personally like the round top SUs.