HybridZ

what is a good inexpensive seat to use?

turbojohnny

• 2 weeks later...

Here are the same seats my friend has in his 240Z

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/VW-MK2-RECARO-SEATS_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trkparmsZ65Q3a12Q7c66Q3a2Q7c39Q3a1Q7c72Q3a1171Q7c240Q3a1318Q7c301Q3a0Q7c293Q3a2Q7c294Q3a50QQ_trksidZp3286Q2ec0Q2em14QQhashZitem3a5049b4efQQitemZ250455110895QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Should be able to find these at your local JY...I think he said he got his for about 100-150. Hope this helps...I was looking at the same seats but I'll probably end up getting some Corbeau in the near future since I can't afford the Recaros I want.

You have to realize though how well that seat is going to stay together in a crash, when i crashed my z32, i found that the seat rail had actually cracked in two places and broke in one and thats with an OEM crash proven seat.

This place works great for all the honda guys.

http://www.streetstyler.com/RacingSeats.htm

Friends told me about them and the guy is very good about answering your email questions. I was told they are pretty much knock off recaro's wrapped in a seat cover with badge. (If that fits your needs go ahead, a debated topic). I believe the dimensions will work as they are all the same as stated above. I am tempted to buy the type r's with red stich but don't know cause if I find a craigslist pair that would be better.

turbojohnny-

Prelude seats work great in the S30. In fact, I think you'll find that Honda seats in general are well made, nicely designed, readily available at affordable prices, and have kind of a racey look (especially 90's era Hondas). I've got seats from a mid-90's Prelude in my '74 260 -- I paid $60 for them (including extra rails and brackets) and I love 'em. You can check out the pix in my post in the "Seat Swap" thread. The late-80's/early-90's Prelude seats look alot like Recaros, but they're hard to find in decent condition. Del Sol seats are really nice -- they look like Corbeau knock-offs, and are really narrow (a plus when installing in 260's or 280's with the catalytic converter hump in the trans tunnel). And believe it or not, but alot of Civics were equipped with comfortable and stylish seats. Good luck.

HB280ZT-

If you haven't already, check out tec280ZX's Celica seats in the "Seat Swap" thread. They were my second choice when putting in new seats, but couldn't find any in decent condition. They should work well with 5/6 point harness.

r/jhm

The problem with factory and most after market seats is that they do not have the slot in the lower part of the seat for the 5th/6th point harness to run through. You need this if you plan to run on the track with the groups I have run with in the past, NASA, SCCA etc!

So what to do without putting out upwards of $1000 for seats that can be used on the track and as a daily driver?

HB280ZT

• 2 weeks later...
The problem with factory and most after market seats is that they do not have the slot in the lower part of the seat for the 5th/6th point harness to run through. You need this if you plan to run on the track with the groups I have run with in the past, NASA, SCCA etc!

So what to do without putting out upwards of $1000 for seats that can be used on the track and as a daily driver?

HB280ZT

It's going to be HARD finding OEM seats with the slot on the bottom for the 5 point harness. I'd go with Corbeaus...They won't cost you $1000 and you can find them used for even cheaper. Only problems with Corbeau is they fade..They're notorious for fading. What I would do is find some ripped or faded Corbeaus and get them redone. I've seen some on Craigslist list for 300 (Pair) damaged (ripped and faded). As long as your shell is in good condition and the padding is still there I think you'll be okay. Brand new they're about 350-400 each.