HybridZ

Thought I should post up my new Z...

wrong posting area...put it into projects area s30....this is so you can post your thoughts and comments...hopefully its ok with the mods...

I have been searching for 15 years for a white with blue interior Z. Last september 2008 I found what I was searching for on EBAY. It was sitting in upper Michigan in a guy's garage for more than 15yrs...the car has had 2 owners all its life and never restored. It started life in Long Beach California...the original owner traded in a 1968 Corvette because her golf clubs didn't fit, so she drove into a Datsun store, the white Z with blue interior sat on the showroom floor for just 1 day and she drove it home....for the next 22 years of its life it drove 45,000 miles to and from most of the golf courses in southern california carrying golf clubs and sweaty women...in 1992 she sold it to the guy in Michigan who saw it at the end of her driveway forsale and he bought it with a set of golf clubs that were her late husbands...For the next 16 years the 2nd owner who owned a bodyshop only drove my car on nice sunny days and never really did anything to it because he didn't want to change the car at all to just leave it as it was...so I got it just before the 2008 Convention in Cleveland Ohio...the end of the Z season out here and drove it to the convention. This is by far the nicest 240z that I have ever owned. It is completely original, completely rustfree and just a blast to drive. It gets 25 miles to a gallon plus. It has the original "Monkey motion" 4 spd and from driving it I will leave it in this car...The seats and door panels needed replacements, I replaced the seats with a set of blueish greenish seats that some idiot ripped me off from TX...they will do for now. (I'm looking for anything blue interior btw). I've replaced the original aftermarket 14x7 aluminum 5 hole slots with a set of period correct lightweight 6 hole dished slots, a set of BFG TA radials, NGK sparkplug wires, K&N filters, ANSA exhaust pipe and polished the Nissan 2400 ohc valve cover....thats it...

1st picture) after I picked it up... 2008zconvention065.jpg

2nd picture) as it is today dsc00509.jpg dsc00508.jpg

blue interior... dsc00524.jpg

I'm going to change the exhaust for better flow and sound notes, change the bushings and struts, lower it a bit for better responsiveness in cornering, and add a sattelite radio so I can keep it looking stock in the interior and still have music. I'm saving everything original in the engine bay and replaceing it with highly polished pieces for a little more show friendly. Yes its that EBAY car...

currently its stock from 1970, it has never been replaced, I cut off the original muffler(it was quite rusty) and installed a used ANSA stacked double tip that I saved from a parts car I had. I will be putting on a MSA (Jethot coated)6 to 1 header, 2.25 exhaust pipe and still trying to figure out which stainless muffler to go with...

currently its stock from 1970, it has never been replaced, I cut off the original muffler(it was quite rusty) and installed a used ANSA stacked double tip that I saved from a parts car I had. I will be putting on a MSA (Jethot coated)6 to 1 header, 2.25 exhaust pipe and still trying to figure out which stainless muffler to go with...

It is going to sound good! be sure to post a video when you get it on.