LS3 build thread. Z-VETTE

Guest NESS89

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to ask, I have the same brakes but have not had my car out yet.How did they feel does it stop as fast as it goes? hehe =)

LOL. They feel freaking awsome, it took me forever to finally get them bled but once you get the proportioning valve to be perfect and the pedal hard, it will stop on a dime, stoping fast is just as important as going fast.:o

Hey Ness, did you buy those ground controls from Silver Mine Motors? If so is the $400 on the site for all 4 corners?

I got them direct from GC, but im sure the price is for the pair, so you'll need a sets for front and a set for the rear, i think the price is $299 front and $299 rear.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NESS89

Alright guys, small update. Went down to the local tuner shop to get my car tuned and see what power i was pushing to the wheels. The most we where able to get was 368hp and 368tq. The guy that was doing the tuning was kind of a bigger guy, so him sitting in there caused the wheel to rub on the fender. So everytime he did a pull the tire would rub on the outside, so much that it would cause it to smoke. So because of the rubbing the numbers were all over the place. I told him that i would raise the rear suspension and try again in a couple of days, he said we should be able to get better numbers out of it after raising the rear. Good for now, way better throttle response also.

post-4387-12675003751553_thumb.jpg

Guest NESS89

Your car was looking good at the dyno shop. I did not get out of there until 11pm.

Mike

Thanks man, what where your numbers at the end of the night?

Guest NESS89

724RWHP 780RWTQ

Do you plan on taking your car out to the track?

Wow! those are some very impressive numbers, jeeze i wish i was close to those numbers, very nice car. Yea i want to go to the track one of these days but i just have to get the day off, hopefully soon.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest NESS89

nice car, lookes great ! !

is it possilbe the tires ar wrong side mountend?!?! they look like the have an rotationdirection

pssst...your tires are on backwards ;)

LOL, I know, I dont care too much about these tires since they were just so i can drive the car around and move it before i got the flares, even though their all brand new. Now that the flares are on, some sticky wider Nitto tires or going to be coming soon. :)

• 3 weeks later...

Now that the flares are on, some sticky wider Nitto tires or going to be coming soon. :)

Awesome!! I was worried about seeing those tiny stretched [yikes!] tires on there :D

The car is looking good in Flat Black! What colour are you going to spray it with?

Guest NESS89

Thanks! As soon as get the cage done ill be dissasembling everything and getting it ready to send it in for paint. Its going to be a dark charcoal black with a metal flake, kinda dark grey in the sun and more black in the shade.

Guest NESS89

Nice! What type of flat black did you spray the car with?

89 cent walmart cans :D . Its just for now so i didnt need it to be show quality, just like the flat black look :)