HybridZ

AZC vs. Ground control coilvers & camber plates

No. In order to do that properly you'd have to have spring rates that wouldn't allow bottoming (often) within the available travel. I don't have an idea of what that would take, but I'd imagine 1000 in/lbs or more. Then of course you'd need the chassis to work with those spring rates and shocks to control it all.

Can't decide. Just got off the phone with Ground control. They would do 399 for the coilvers, $520 for tokico illuminas, and 599 for adj camber plates. so $1520 for everything. I've had ground controls before (for the e30, not the z).

AZC kit is $1600. Shocks have more finite adjustment. A possible advantage here is I will be getting brakes from them front and back (4 piston 12.2" up front. Can't afford the 6 pot or 13") so maybe this would help me pricewise?

if price is a factor, i heard the guys at AZC break you off a good deal if you make a big purchase since you did say you'd be getting brakes from them as well.

Another guy i met on the Hybridz said they gave him an amazing deal when he bought brakes, everything you mentioned and the diff mounts/mustache bars from them.

i like the simplicity of the GC camber plate install.

No. In order to do that properly you'd have to have spring rates that wouldn't allow bottoming (often) within the available travel. I don't have an idea of what that would take, but I'd imagine 1000 in/lbs or more. Then of course you'd need the chassis to work with those spring rates and shocks to control it all.

Would bad dog frame rails suffice for enough chassis support?

i will also be running front and rear strut bars with stock sway bars on 225f and 200r coil overs. Not to aggressive of a spring rat. i thought this might be good reference to my question.

Heres where my car is sitting... it has completely stock suspension.

32184010118_large.jpg

I think about a 3" drop might put it where it needs to be.Im also considering getting bigger and wider rims to fill the space...(maybe 19's or 20's)

Heres where my car is sitting... it has completely stock suspension.

I think about a 3" drop might put it where it needs to be.Im also considering getting bigger and wider rims to fill the space...(maybe 19's or 20's)

Are those 18's on them now?

i always wanted to see how your car at a full profile, very nice!

if price is a factor, i heard the guys at AZC break you off a good deal if you make a big purchase since you did say you'd be getting brakes from them as well.

Another guy i met on the Hybridz said they gave him an amazing deal when he bought brakes, everything you mentioned and the diff mounts/mustache bars from them.

i like the simplicity of the GC camber plate install.

it doesn't seem david is willing to sell me the coilovers without the camber plates, and I don't really want to weld my shock towers. so I don't really know.